sig sauer kilo 2000 rangefinder

I know some lieca owners won't be happy...but I would confidently say that this is significantly better than the lieca overall, better than the Bushnell 1 mile, and I would like to see a comparison of ranging ability to the G7. I KNOW it doesn't compare to the G7 with its ballistic profiling, which is way awesome and I wish I had one, but I would like to see them compared in ranging ability on different objects at different ranges.

Set up yesterday on top of a hill with a couple friends and our long range rigs, and started glassing for rabbits. Was able to easily range rabbits out to 1200 yards in snow covered sagebrush and fields and make hits...absolutely awesome, and for under $500...NOTHING compares in this price range, hands down.

For $1,300 less, I will HAPPILY do my own ballistic calculations on strelok, applied ballistics, shooter, or some other app on my phone (I use strelok) instead of paying for the G7, especially when I can range over 2000 yards with the Kilo, and its smaller and lighter than my old Bushnell scout 1000. I wanted one, but I can't bring myself to pay that on my budget when I could build another complete custom rifle for the price of a G7...

Not knocking the G7, its an awesome unit and I wish I could afford one, but for the majority of people in todays economy, sadly it's just not possible. Now, with the Kilo, being able to afford a quality rangefinder that will deliver the demands of a long range shooter is FINALLY possible.

Thanks to Sig for stepping outside the box on this one.

And In case anyone has any doubts, It works great in super cold weather too. I also went coyote calling the other day...grabbed it off my lap and used it to range a coyote I called in at 418 yards, and put my reticle hash mark that is on @430 on his heart, cranked it off and nailed him with my AR-15. It was -5 when I got back to my truck. I love this thing, almost feel like I did something illegal getting something that performs this well for this price ha ha

Where is everyone finding the best price on these? Savinglots.com has them for $406 shipped but they are out of stock at the moment until about mid January. At least that's what the guy told me when I called yesterday.

The only other place I see them is optics planet at 499 and the same at Cabelas. Looked at Amazon I think the cheapest Ive seen is 465 aside from saving lots. I'm getting pretty itchy to get mine before the market catches on and the price goes to what the other guys are charging.

Honestly, I'm hoping this puts a hurt on some of the other manufactures so they either start making even better rangefinders, or dropping their price...I have my doubts though. But hey, a guy can dream... :rolleyes:

And....no, it isn't threaded for a tripod. The one main downside...

It was originally going to be a 1600. Problem is that when testing started on these, every single one went well beyond that with ease. It was decided that it would be renamed the Kilo 2000. Some of the early advertisements for retail and online stores have not been changed. There is only one model sold, the kilo 2000. If you find a place advertising a kilo 1600 and purchase it, you will receive a kilo 2000.

Last edited:
So I know the Kilo is about 300 dollars cheaper than the 1600B. Is the quality of optics on par, as Leica optics can be some of the best in the industry. I have also seen the 1600B range out to 2000 yards on a gravel bank. It was repeatable as well. I think only time will tell is the Kilo 2000 is the better range finder. I am intrigued about the range finder and I have almost convinced myself to get the Leica but this has made me start questioning which one will be the best purchase. I really don't want to be buying another range finder in 3 to 5 years as my old bushnell yardage pro has served me ok for the last 10 plus years with consistant ranges out to 800 yards. I won't be using any shooter app of the range finder just the range and may be the angle. I can use my phone for every thing else except my wind meter. Really left with tough decisions. I mainly want something that get out to the rock that are 12 to 1500 yards away for shooting practice.

Just ordered one through optics planet, 10%off coupon, and free shipping, came out to be $450, I can't wait to get it and see how well it's going to do!

On Gun Broker there is an outfit advertising the Sig Kilo 1600 7x35, and yes it says 35. Guess I'm assuming it's a typo. Anyway they are approx $395 shipped to you. Don't know if this is of interest to anyone, but thought I'd share the info.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.