sig sauer kilo 2000 rangefinder

Please do cody. I see you recieved your shipment from, im assuming, optics planet? I ordered mine when there was one left but must have slower internet here in canada haha. They just shipped mine the other day and now i wait.

But a video for everyone else would be great for people looking for a rangefinder.

Your gonna love yours, I know everyone else says this, but it ranges so stinkin fast! On scan mode I am getting ranges every quarter second just like it advertises, on buildings and trees near 2000 yards!! For most practical hunting scenarios where your shooting under 1000 yards, I can't think of any situation that you wouldn't be able to get a range. It took a couple seconds of me hovering around it, but I got a reading on a telephone pole at 1072 yards, and then a reading on the bare open snow covered field behind it at 1524...This thing really amazes me

If there is a slight downside on this kilo here are my thoughts after really putting it through the ringer this weekend in a long side by side test against my Leica. Maybe it's personal preference or maybe it's just that I've used the Leica for so long but I find the aiming circle to be little on the large side. The Kilo has a circle while the Leica has a smaller square aiming feature.

The Kilo will range much farther on reflective objects - hands down, every time. When you try and range a whitetail in the trees, or an antelope in a stubble field you need to know where your beam is best read while using that large aiming circle.

Got a feeling their new model will have a smaller aiming feature or maybe a "dot" in the middle of that circle.

If you take the Kilo out and learn it's beam path or quite frankly "zero it in" I think this unit will be tough to compete with in that price range.

By the way this unit is fast in giving a response - makes the Leica look like it's in slow mo.

My findings precisely.

If non reflecting - if the Leica 1600b won't range it the Kilo won't range it.

Most noticeable comment is the imprecise "zero" of the beam. Once you know where it is WRT the circle it's a piece of cake.

So here is a video of ranging with my kilo. Just got off a 12 hour grave, its about 0715 in the video, and didn't have my phone skope so it's not that steady and I'm pretty tired so I just held the phones camera against the eye piece and operated the rangefinder, so again please don't blast me for the poor video lol

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vKaBj6arHPc[/ame]

So here is a video of ranging with my kilo.

Cody,

I notice that you aiming circle and range display appear to be equally crisp and in focus.

Mine isn't that way. The range display is in focus the aiming circle is fuzzy. Not a major issue but . . .

It's quite useful to be able to range such small stuff as the power lines. Scan back and forth on vertical and horizontal ones and you'll see where the beam is centered with respect to the aiming circle. Seems helpful to me.

Good video.

Thanks

Ya I thought mine was pretty clear and sharp...I did a test with power lines at about 80 yards and found my beam to be in the lower left quarter of my aiming circle, I drew a circle on paper then came up from under a line while scanning till it picked it up, marked a line across the circle I drew where it picked up, did the same thing coming down from above, then turned it on its side and repeated, and I ended up with a square drawn inside the circle to give me a reference I could see as to where and how big my beam is, it has worked good for me.

I just went out today and shot at 927 yards, ranged, dialled and hit with my second shot (first one was slightly off due to wind misjudgement) seems to work very well, I'm very satisfied.

7x I do believe.

You would be correct. I have used mine more...still love it. Even in flat sagebrush or snowy fields, anything (deer or smaller) out to 1000 yards is very easy to range off hand. Farther than that I just use the scan mode and I get a reading within a few seconds on anything I would want to shoot at, including things out to and beyond a mile. Awesome unit.

Here's one for ya.

Did a yote setup to play with the fox pro. The locator howl worked like a champ. Located yotes in three area some quite a ways off. Nothing came in. Played a medley of stuff. Still nothing came in.

Ok so now mess with the Sig LRF.

Ranging as far as I could see in that particular environment wasn't tough. Could range between obstacles with a little practice.

Then the clincher.

Magpie was flying by. Click and hold, when the beam hit it ranges appeared. Ranged to 150 plus yards.

Then a crow came in. First range reading was 200 something. Continued to range him/her to 45 yards.

Here's the idea that popped into my noggin.

Hack into that sucker and such that upon acquiring a range a solenoid fires and trips the trigger. Would be a goose hunters dream once ya figured the lead thing. :)

The more I use this thing the more intriguing it is.

quite fun....

Just came from Big Boar gun shop in Blackfoot.

They had a Kilo in the show case. And price was 449.00. Hmmmmm

Had to check it out.

Display was spot on clear and perfect.

Beam was spot on in center of circle retinal

Beam was also very small as compared to the reticle size.

I wonder if I could sneak a trade.:D

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.