SIG Kilo 2400 with Applied Ballistics!!

Personally I'd prefer 8X or 9X for the magnification. Too bad they can't do a variable power magnification..... Bruce

They absolutely can but you get into size, low light ability and cost among other things. I work in film and TV and am a beta tester and spokesperson for some of the best and most expensive cinema glass in the world; regardless of price there's simply a trade off for everything in optics. ;-) I've been trying to skin that cat for 38 years now!

~Robert

Ive looked at the new/old g7 and the 1600/2000 leicas. now the sig. i like using m.o.a.

i dont mind the bulkyness of the g7 it seems i read it feels well built, the leicas ive used a little not bad.
usually ranging thick woods , threw trees at times. whats everyone think?

So this unit has to be used with your Android IPhone ect..via Bluetooth in order to give ballistic solutions correct ? Where as the G7 BR2 is a stand alone unit ..

You must input your data into the phone and sync it to the rangefinder. Once synced, it can be used as a stand alone unit.
Ben

How many profiles will the Kilo hold once they are transferred from the phone? Are they selectable via the Kilo or just the phone?

Thanks!

~Robert

4 profiles can be stored on the KILO and then can be selected right on the KILO without needing a phone.

How many profiles will the Kilo hold once they are transferred from the phone? Are they selectable via the Kilo or just the phone?

Thanks!

~Robert

Per the detailed info there are 4 profiles that can be stored on the Kilo and once they are there you may scroll through them as desired. Hundreds of profiles can be built and stored within the app and uploaded as you like to the Kilo.
It will be interesting to see when you want a new profile on the Kilo it you can simply select the one to be deleted or if you have to load ALL of the profiles from scratch.

The profiles stored in the app(on your phone) are there until you delete them. You simply highlight the ones you want to send to the Kilo and hit sync. A few seconds later you are good to go and can use your Kilo as a stand alone unit.
Now you have changed your mind and decide to use a different load....simply open your app, input an additional profile which takes about 15 seconds, highlight up to 4 new profiles and hit sync. Too easy!
Ben

And yes. You can scroll through the 4 profiles stored on the Kilo without using the phone. You can also choose no profile on the kilo to range LOS or AMR without the AB content.

Will the Kilo then adjust the ballistic profile for elevation, Temperature and barometric pressure...?

So this unit has to be used with your Android IPhone ect..via Bluetooth in order to give ballistic solutions correct ? Where as the G7 BR2 is a stand alone unit ..

The app is used to create/upload/manage profiles, but not to select which one is in use on the device.

The unit itself works stand alone: Sig Sauer Kilo 2400 ABS - Applied Ballistics LLC I have added this clarification in.

Will the Kilo then adjust the ballistic profile for elevation, Temperature and barometric pressure...?

Elevation is not important. It will read temp, pressure, humidity, and direction. It will also adjust you Muzzle Velocity for changes in Temp if you so wish. All onboard.

You also have the option to "overwrite" sensor readings from the app, giving it any input you want.

What's odd is I called Sig 2-3 weeks ago to get the skinny on the 2200 & 2400.

I was told that the aiming point was the same size as the 2000, the 2200 would maybe add 5% yardage over the 2000, price point was not set yet & maybe by shot show, and delivery not until early summer.

Musta talked to the floor sweeper.....

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.