SIG Kilo 2400 with Applied Ballistics!!

Not meaning to throw water on what looks to be an exceptional product, but I have a question regarding the Applied Ballistics part. They currently are having an issue with the iPhone app. With that said can the software installed in the Sig Kilo be updated if the same sort of issues we have seen with the iPhone begin to appear on the Sig Kilo? I am in the software industry and most definitely understand bugs and coding and OS issues. I am curious to the update capability and how the software runs on the Sig Kilo. By the way I have purchased the AB on the IOS platform for iPhones and such, and have had the issue. I have read the workaround, but I think I'll wait till the true fix is out and rely on one of the other ballistic apps in the meantime.

FYI- I've beeen using the Kilo 2000 since it came out. Zero issues. Small learning curve with the scan and angle mode(read the directions and cleared that up). Ranging coyotes out to 800yds no problem. I also had a chance to play around with the 2400 last spring. It was a pre-production model. I was very impressed! I've also just received my 2nd Tango 6 5-30 with Dev reticle and level plex. Very impressed! Only complaints were with the Sig mounts on first Gen. swapped them for a Spuhr.

the interesting thing to me from a business perspective is that SIG obviously isn't making this unit themselves. they have to be contracting with some company to design and build it for them. Leica for example does or maybe now did have the most advanced ranging technology of any company I am aware of. Leica could have introduced a unit like this several years ago and did not. The G7 unit has been out for a while too. I am just surprised SIG arrives on the scene out of no where and just kicks everyones butt.

I have got ranges of more than 3000 yrds 2400 in bright daylight with my first gen g7, I would just like farther ballistic solutions. I get cold bore hits out to 1400 yrds every shot if i get the wind right.

I'll believe its performance when I see it.

The sigs and the vortex seem similar. They also hit the market like a tornado only to fall off the end. Talking w/ some sales guys they said initially the vortex was awesome then a few months later they were lackluster at best and would only acquire from buildings and such at long range. I've heard some similar from the sigs, not a whole lot of vortex nor sig praise around here lately. I dunno, but I need a sub $1million RF that will comfortably acquire 1k without being attached to a bino.

HERE is a long thread started about a year ago with some field test results of the KILO 2000.

Sig Sauer improved upon the ranging abilities of the KILO 2000 with the upcoming KILO 2200 by down-sizing the circular reticle and matching the laser beam to it exactly, among other things. The KILO 2200 is their regular rangefinder without built-in ballistics.

The KILO 2400 is expected to range even better than the new 2200. They say the 2400 has 25% better ranging capabilities than the 2000.

By the way - for those of you just looking for a long-range rangefinder who don't need the ballistics built in we are now taking Pre-Orders on the new KILO 2200 Rangefinder - HERE.

Is it just me or, am I the only 1 that thinks ranging a deer at 500 yards is lil tough with 7x?
I'm in the market but not liking several companies 7x?

I was thinking the same thing, at least the reticle is supposed to be substantiallysmaller which will help a lot, but when it reaches a mile and a half, why wouldn't it have a higher power. In addition to the smaller reticle it is also supposed to have better glass from what I read, so both of those will help compensate quite a bit for the 7x.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts