Show me your bear and lion mounts

Mine was left in the tree. Had a big tom at 15 yards, but the whole trip all I could think about was if I wanted to mount it, how I would mount it, and if I could find someone who could make it look real. In the end, I had my guide take a picture of me with the gun up, like I was ready to shoot the lion in the tree, and that is my memory. Really cool to see the gun pointed at the lion, and know that all that was left was the trigger pull. We had seen some smaller cats, and treed a few females and I kept asking if I was hunting for a trophy or the experience. Was a great experience and since that hunt I have decided to not mount anything again. My bears are just skins or rugs.
I honestly had similar thoughts rolling through my head. To me, when you're hunting with hounds, the hunt is done when you arrive at the tree. The dogs did their job and you've put them into a position to do so. I've spent a lot of time behind hounds and these are the first two animals I've decided to take. Very unlikely that I'll take another cat (mountain lion, at least). We'll see about bear. We sure enjoy eating them.

My first bear was done as a half mount, but not aggressive poised, he was walking out of the wall on a branch, closed mouth. Looked really nice, but at that time I really did not have a place to display him, so he was donated to the local museum for display. Last time I saw him (20 years ago) his nose and muzzle were worn away from all the school kids seeing and rubbing him with their hands. Made me happy to see that so many school kids had gotten to be hands on with a bear.

Hey,
Here's my Kodiak Brown Bear and Mt Lion.
Take Care
Ricky C
We really like your Kodiak Half Mount. Looks like he is coming out of the wall for an invitation to a Picinic Basket. Nicely done. I would place some trees around him on the wall to make it look like he is a full size Bear coming out of the woods.
World like to see a picture of the FULL size Lion Mount with head. Your Lion's face is nicely done with a LOOK like Griffin, our rescue cat, that is telling us that his dinner is not placed in front of him and too late.
GREAT Mounts. We wish we had a Lion and Bear to share stories of what was a GREAT HUNT.
Many years ago, when I was much younger i had opportunities to hunt around the world. My friend was setting us up for a Kodiak Brown Bear Hunt. We doing most of the logistics ourselves and when we got to the price of the Bear from the guide it was $10K. My friend said that for that price GOD would never forgive us paying the much so we never went. $10K is a drop in the bucket these days. It is amazing how the prices have exploded for hunting trophy Big Game over the years. My friend from Spain had another hunt set up for us on the Chinese boarder for Argali Sheep and there was some political turmoil going on so got canceled.
Sorry off topic.
You have some GREAT Mounts!

I wanted to do a rock with a muley rack on it under cat
IMG_6851.jpeg

Ricky C
We really like your Kodiak Half Mount. Looks like he is coming out of the wall for an invitation to a Picinic Basket. Nicely done. I would place some trees around him on the wall to make it look like he is a full size Bear coming out of the woods.
World like to see a picture of the FULL size Lion Mount with head. Your Lion's face is nicely done with a LOOK like Griffin, our rescue cat, that is telling us that his dinner is not placed in front of him and too late.
GREAT Mounts. We wish we had a Lion and Bear to share stories of what was a GREAT HUNT.
Many years ago, when I was much younger i had opportunities to hunt around the world. My friend was setting us up for a Kodiak Brown Bear Hunt. We doing most of the logistics ourselves and when we got to the price of the Bear from the guide it was $10K. My friend said that for that price GOD would never forgive us paying the much so we never went. $10K is a drop in the bucket these days. It is amazing how the prices have exploded for hunting trophy Big Game over the years. My friend from Spain had another hunt set up for us on the Chinese boarder for Argali Sheep and there was some political turmoil going on so got canceled.
Sorry off topic.
You have some GREAT Mounts!
Just to add on.
If you are blessed to have the funds to go on a hunting trip of a lifetime DO IT. You are not getting any younger and costs keep rising.
Don't be "I should have done that" GUY.
Be the guy/gal that posts pictures of their Large Predator Mount.
I was that GUY and regret it to this day.
We hunted in SA on private10,000 acres and had a GREAT hunt 15 years ago. One year later the owner of the land called me five days before Christmas and told me that he got a special permit to shoot ONE Leopard. He had a large male on his property and had been baiting him. The owner told me that I had to make the decision in one day and then had to fly over to Johannesburg and meet up with him by North Markel SA. My cost to his place then $10K to him for the permit and Cat. It was a hard decision to make in 24 hours and I declined. To this day I wish that i went. Now to get a Leopard -if you can get a permit is $$$$$.
Now in my little world I have to settle for some nice Yotes and a BobCat if very lucky.

Hey, my taxidermist was really incredible and he was an Air Force Veteran. He passed away late last year from cancer. Not sure if I'll have any more mounts done
Take Care

Not a Bear or Cat mount but think you will appreciate the "OLD WAY" of Taxidermy mounting a fish with the real fish. Not a mold or copy.
This was a male and female Trout caught many years ago!

Attachments

• REAL TROUT MOUNT 2.jpg
    REAL TROUT MOUNT 2.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 22
  • REAL TROUT MOUNT 3.jpg
    REAL TROUT MOUNT 3.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 15
  • REAL TROUT MOUNTS.jpg
    REAL TROUT MOUNTS.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 17