Show me your bear and lion mounts

Arcola

I've never had the money, wall space, or animal class for any real taxidermy. I've always conceded to diy euros and skull caps.

This year I took a nice black bear and what I consider to be a nice mountain lion: probably the only one I'll ever shoot.

I'm going half mount on the bear and full mount on the lion. Would love to see what you guys have on the wall and hear any feedback on what you like about it, or would have done different.

I've never had the money, wall space, or animal class for any real taxidermy. I've always conceded to diy euros and skull caps.

This year I took a nice black bear and what I consider to be a nice mountain lion: probably the only one I'll ever shoot.

I'm going half mount on the bear and full mount on the lion. Would love to see what you guys have on the wall and hear any feedback on what you like about it, or would have done different.
You just need a Tiger.
WOW a LION and a BEAR -O MY!!!

GREAT would love to see them when done!

Tagging in. It's been 5 years since I got my lion and still don't have the mount. First taxidermist ended up getting cancer and passing away and now it's on another guys list. I'm thinking of something like this.
IMG_7811.png

IMG_0144.jpeg

IMG_0166.jpeg

I don't have a picture of mine, it's at a family members house.......However the picture would probably be more of a cautionary tale. The mount is OK, just OK-Cats are a hard animal to make look REALLY GOOD. If I could do it all over, I'd find a taxidermy shop that did alot of cats where you could see the results before dropping off your cat. It's kinda a once in a lifetime mount, it should look it!
BTW-The taxidermist I uses does absolutely beautiful deer mounts with tons of detail, so I assumed the cat would be the same.

Last edited:
I don't have a picture of mine, it's at a family members house.......However the picture would probably be more of a cautionary tale. The mount is OK, just OK-Cats are a hard animal to make look REALLY GOOD. If I could do it all over, I'd find a taxidermy shop that did alot of cats where you could see the results before dropping off your cat. It's kinda a once in a lifetime mount, it should look it!
So true. I left my cat with a taxi in NM that does cats full time. I'm confident in his work, but I'm still undecided on the pose.

BTW-The taxidermist I uses does absolutely beautiful deer mounts with tons of detail, so I assumed the cat would be the same.
That's why it's been so long on mine. The guy I had lined up to do it had 5 on display and had won some awards. Nice mounts. I knew he started treatment about a year after I dropped it off. I told him he had more important things going on than worrying about getting my cat done. I don't think his cancer ever went into remission. One of his employees hooked me up with another taxidermist that was taking their open orders.

Tagging in. It's been 5 years since I got my lion and still don't have the mount. First taxidermist ended up getting cancer and passing away and now it's on another guys list. I'm thinking of something like this.View attachment 544842
View attachment 544844
View attachment 544845
Sorry to hear on the delay. Your are lucky that the taxidermist has not lost your hide/cape. We like the limb mount! When we do a mount we try to have it look like it was before we shot it.

Cats are hard to get right especially the eyes. I have seen some horrible Bob Cats mounts. You have to get a Tax that has lots of experience.
We had this mount so we could have it on the floor with a Quail flying in from of him. Also was going to mount from a corner Nook in our game room "Jumping Down" so when you walk in it looks like he is jumping at you.
Also use the real skull & Teeth.

Attachments

• Bob cat 3.jpg
    Bob cat 3.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 65
  • Bob Cat Stand.jpg
    Bob Cat Stand.jpg
    270.8 KB · Views: 71
  • Bob cat nook.jpg
    Bob cat nook.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 60
  • Bob Cat 2.jpg
    Bob Cat 2.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
IMG_3140.jpeg
IMG_2186.jpeg

Not the mount I wanted but after dealing with the taxidermists 2 failed attempts I ended up with this.
Cats are hard to get right. The first thing you look at is the head/face on them. This mount of mine looks like he is panting. When a cat is snarling there are wrinkles in the face. They look "mean"! This one doesn't. Hope this gives you some insight