ATF Suprise- Show me your guns

It's on a lot of websites now. Seems the DSP kept records of 4473s illegally for years and got called on it. They said they'd destroy them. Seems they are back up to their old antics.

A cousin of a friend of mine had the same type visit about a month ago. A purchase of quite a few surplus 1911's triggered the visit. They wanted to know what use he had with that many .45's. He stated as investment. They checked serial numbers of every one of them. No issues with any, no further response, charges, etc..... yet. But I would be looking for another visit soon and probably has been red-flagged from now on.

I wonder if anyone has asked for proof of a search warrant and denied answering questions -- or if their aggressive tactics just make people give in.?
In the "visit" I posted above - they just wanted to see the guns, no search warrant, no inside looking around. He got the 1911's and brought them outside. He reluctantly complied with that request, but that was his limit given no warrant.

A cousin of a friend of mine had the same type visit about a month ago. A purchase of quite a few surplus 1911's triggered the visit. They wanted to know what use he had with that many .45's. He stated as investment. They checked serial numbers of every one of them. No issues with any, no further response, charges, etc..... yet. But I would be looking for another visit soon and probably has been red-flagged from now on.
"Too shoot people like you when the time comes."

Or is that not the answer they're looking for?

I saw that video somewhere else recently. I'm pretty sure it's local police, not ATF. Local CLEO gets a copy of all multiple handgun sales forms, which FFLs are required to submit to ATF & CLEO whenever 2 or more handguns sold in the same week. THere are similar additional rules for FFLs selling semi-auto long guns in southwest USA. These local yokels were just being overzealous in doing their job. We still live in a remnant of what was once USA - you don't have to show diddly without a warrant.