SHOT Show 2015 - ELR-related: Day 2

ELR Researcher

SHOT Show 2015 - ELR-related: Day 2

Battenfield:
• Caldwell has upgraded their Magnum Gong to AR550 plate and added an XL model with 17" x 9" gong (both models use 3/8" plate); see Magnum Rifle Gong | and Magnum Rifle Gong XL |, respectively
• Frankford Arsenal has added a Brass Dryer to compliment their rotary tumbler product; see Brass Dryer |

BCM europearms (Italy) - importation licensing is in process for their full line of rifles (through Italian Firearms Group (IFG) in TX); pics of one of their 408 CT models will follow on my website this weekend (late Sunday)

Black Hills - added 338 LM ammo with the Nosler 250 gr AccuBond projectile; ship in the March/April timeframe

Burris - XTR II 5-25/50 scope (FFP, Mil, illuminated, MSRP:$1249)

Cadex - is entering the rifle business including a 338 LM model (in production now) with a .50 BMG model to follow this year; will utilize a special chassis including Pic rail design that acts as a heat shield; they are building their own designed and manufactured receiver; pics will follow on my website this weekend (late Sunday)

Christensen Arms - all bolt rifles are now available with titanium receivers, available now.

Fifty Caliber Shooters Association (FCSA) will be adding some excitement to their 2015 World Championship (Whittington range) - a 2200 yard, open-caliber competition (on steel) with the top five shooters advancing to a 2.1 mile shoot-off; they have booked the range for follow-on competitions in 2016 and 2017; more details to be provided on an upcoming Facebook page

Kahles - has updated their K624i model scope with additional Mil reticles (SKMR1 and 2), their first MOA reticle (MOAK), and improved turrets (with second rotation indicator and refined zero stop); same model name, new part numbers. See K624i*::*KAHLES Gesellschaft m.b.H.

KRG - in passing mentioned that the Whiskey 3 chassis can be modified (post-factory) to accept 338 LM CIP-length, AI mags (requires approx .130" elongation)

Leica - ER 5 series added; data are suppose to be on their website but are not as of 1/21 PM

McMillan Firearms - the TAC-50 now has a Cadex chassis option; pics will follow on my website this weekend (late Sunday)

McMillan Fiberglass Stocks - grabbed some pics of their new Super 50 BR stock, will follow on my website this weekend (late Sunday)

MINOX - added the MD 60 Z and MD 80 Z spotting scopes with 12-40 and 20-60 magnification eyepieces; see MINOX: Übersicht MD 60 Z / MD 80 Z also the MD 88 W spotting scope with angled eyepiece, very limited data in their new products brochure and nothing online (available in Apil); and finally new tactical rifle scopes including the ZP5 5~25x56, see MINOX: Overview ZP TAC

Newcon
• LRB 12K (and 12K Night) BLRF with 7X magnification, NATO target to 12K m, 1550nm wavelength, integrated compass and GPS, BT and Android compatible
• Spotter LRF - 15-45, integrated LRF MICRO module (905nm wavelength, NATO target to 5,500m), etched mil-dot reticle, available approx March

Oehler - introduced their industrial System 88 Long Range Data model for "verification of BCs over very long ranges" (think very precise MV and very precise time of flight with target at 1000 yards or beyond); uses an acoustic target and wireless comm and requires connection to a Windows notebook PC and a USB connection for data display using their provided proprietary software app. Substantial tech info will be added to their website presently.

SIG - added SRD338Ti titanium suppressor for 338 LM (on display but with a Q2 launch); pics will follow on my website this weekend (late Sunday)

Sightron - 10-50x60 SV (new series) scope, 34mm tube, Mil-hash or MOA reticle, locking turrets, and F.A.S.T. focus; pics will follow on my website this weekend (late Sunday)

Steel Core Designs (UK) - showed the rifle products of the design and engineering talent from what was originally RPA; on display were ELR models from their Thunderbolt and Cyclone lines (including SC-86/338 LM, MSR/338 LM, and HSR/.50 BMG); pics of the somewhat earlier HSR will follow on my website this weekend (late Sunday) - the current version is much slicker (a wall rendering of which may be included if the pic displays well). They are looking for US distribution partners and their products well deserve it
Steiner - added M5Xi (Military) scope line (Military Scopes | Steiner Optics), 5-25/56 model with Horus H59 reticle on display; pics will follow on my website this weekend (late Sunday)

TrackingPoint - introduced the "Mile Maker" (BA338TP) rifle with custom Cadex chassis, lock range of one mile, and .047 MOA tracking precision using their proprietary .338TP ammo (cartridge design based on the 505 Gibbs, 35° shoulder, and correct head stamp); my pics will follow on my website this weekend (late Sunday); also see Precision-Guided Bolt-Action .338 TP | TrackingPoint. BTW, list price: $49,995

Trijicon - HD Spotting Scope, 20-60x with 82mm objective lens, angled eyepiece, and a very slick case that can stay in place on the scope while still retaining full access to tripod and controls; see https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/products/product1.php?id=Spotting_Scope

Interesting about ohler.. I'm anticipating release of chrono that does not affect poi. Or harmonics of barrel during load development. ( Labrador)???

Clicked on the tracking point link, towards the bottom of the page they "compare" that rifle with a .375 cheytac. Apparently the .375 cheytac is only effective to 0.2 miles (350 yards) on an 18" target, guess we've all been miss lead... :rolleyes:

Magpul is getting in to bolt gun rifle stocks too. Released one for the 700 at SHOT.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.