Shot my lifetime mule deer!

dodgefreak8

Well I think I shot my lifetime mule deer today. Sorry not long range. He was only 20yards and I got him with my Ruger 270 with 140gr accubonds. I would appreciate if some of you experts could give me an idea of score? I didn't take any measurements before I took him to the taxidermist. thanks!

Beautiful !!!!! you take them where you can get them.

Congratulations; I love the kickers on the rack.

J E CUSTOM

Great buck, congratulations!! Hard to tell the score from the picture, but I would guess in mid 180's with all the stickers. I wouldn't worry too much about the score though. That buck gets an A++ in looks!

The first shot dropped him. It went through both front shoulders and took out both lungs. They were jello when we gutted him. Not knowing where I hit him I gave him a quick second shot from about 10 yards with his back facing me. It went through his spine and we found that bullet in the hide on his chest. It weighs exactly 90gr. I think it performed pretty dam well considering the very short shot distance.

Well I think I shot my lifetime mule deer today. Sorry not long range. He was only 20yards and I got him with my Ruger 270 with 140gr accubonds. I would appreciate if some of you experts could give me an idea of score? I didn't take any measurements before I took him to the taxidermist. thanks!

dARN!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.