Shot 23'new cartridge predictions?

comfisherman

Every year new stuff starts to leak out , invariably the industry decides we need a new set of cartridges. Nosler has a whole line now and does hornadys prc line that's essentially the noslers but cheaper and more popular.

Some good, some bad most repackaged ideas from the past with minor changes. Anyone remember the 30 tc... who bought a 30 super carry? Did the 27 nosler do all the things and more the 26 or 28 couldn't do? Some were great ideas but the market segment is so small they never really took off. (338 federal, 375 ruger, 338 norma)

Guessing by the buzz the 7 prc will be the hotness this year, but what else is needed?(need doesn't seem to factor in.... I'm looking at you winchester 6.8w) maybe a factory hot 6mm?

What's yalls prediction for what the industry has in store for us, that it's market analysts think we need?

I'd look for.277 diameter to make inroads in LRH cartridges, newer bullets with long high BC. That's my .01 c
277 fury might be a hot commodity to jump on now, wouldn't be surprised to see some rifles touting their chambering with the 80ksi capability. Would not be surprised to see a 6.8 Creedmoor at some point soon (277 fury is a 1:10 twist and built for shorter bullets afaik). Although it might be a little too soon, maybe in a few years from now when the steel head cases become available.

I'd look for.277 diameter to make inroads in LRH cartridges, newer bullets with long high BC. That's my .01 c

Your probably right. The 6.8 worstern and 27 nosler were both last years, or was the 6.8 2021? At any rate we don't yet have full saturation of .277 cartridges in 2 grain increments from 6.8spc to rum.... like 7mm and 6.5. Marketers certainly have an opportunity

Hopefully nothing new and they just meet demand on what's already backordered everywhere.

Yeah....the logical thing. But what then to do with those marketing teams...

On the 277 Fury, it's out and has been.it just needs to ship, so it can be user trouble shot then fixed, then fixed again. Gen 3 will rock, wish we could skip the middle versions. It's still my humble opinion that 80 kpsi in a hybrid case is the only place that the market can go to get me to jump all in.

Bold Prediction: Butterbean hits the gun room and comes up with the most fantastical cartridge to hit the market. The new "17 Butterbean-Creedmoor" Basically a 6.5 Creedmoor necked down to a 17 caliber 28 grain bullet designed by him, hammer bullets and Berger. The case will have a 40 degree shoulder. The bullet will be a hammer and Berger hybrid infused together delivering best of both worlds and able to take down an elk up to 1000 yards with pass through and softball size holes for exits. Velocities reaching 5,200 fps and the US military adopts the cartridge and we all can't get components for 5 years leaving us all drooling!

Yeah, that's probably so. Obviously that's hornadys approach with the 7 prc.

It does surprise me how they do pull some secrecy off from time to time. It's just usually things I don't care about, 30 super and 6.8 had pre shot releases to beat the hype. But they did surprise me, mostly surprised me that was what market research dictated.

Does seem like in the 17 years I've read lrh we've had so much cartridge development it's diluted the pool. Probably be best re serving some old ones that didn't quite hit their stride. Lord knows the 338 norma launched when a goodly portion of builds were factory rebarrels. Thin walls overshadowed it, but now with the decade of innumerable aftermarket options it would get a fairer shake. Actually the 338 federal was a bit early to the party, hogs with suppressors are now mainstream. Wonder what a 338 federal in today's market would do.... aside from be plauged by "over .308 itis".

How about a case length between 260rem and 6.5creed in a 27cal up to 65k psi. Or just neck down a 7-08 or 284win for 27cal. It'll be great in an AR platform with coal out to 2.830". Not sure what's the big deal with the 22creed, it's basically a 22-250 with 2* more on neck.

Bold Prediction: Butterbean hits the gun room and comes up with the most fantastical cartridge to hit the market. The new "17 Butterbean-Creedmoor" Basically a 6.5 Creedmoor necked down to a 17 caliber 28 grain bullet designed by him, hammer bullets and Berger. The case will have a 40 degree shoulder. The bullet will be a hammer and Berger hybrid infused together delivering best of both worlds and able to take down an elk up to 1000 yards with pass through and softball size holes for exits. Velocities reaching 5,200 fps and the US military adopts the cartridge and we all can't get components for 5 years leaving us all drooling!
Don't you mean the new 6.5 NosPRCreedmoore?