Shot 23'new cartridge predictions?

I will say it was kind of nice not to see a bunch of cartridges we didn't really need. Maybe all the shortages of raw components kept everybody at Bay. Looks like we only got the 360 buckhammer which might make it the least amount of cartridges introduced at a shot show in at least two decades.

Fingers crossed maybe they'll get caught up on some things we actually need in the component world.

Just thinking about calibers ! Back when I was a young man, if I would have had the knowledge I have now, I would have been happy with a Mauser action with a featherweight barrel chambered in 6.5x55, and I am quite sure I would have been happy with a wood sporter stock. Most common rifle caliber back in the day was perhaps the 30-06 and there were plenty to choose from. Stores had literly piles of ammo to sell come fall hunting season.

I kinda see a shift from long barreled long range to short barreled suppressor style rifles making an impact in 2023-2024. Quiet, 18 to 20 inch barrels with short actions are the new rage. Shooting long range and all the range time is too much work and costly for the average lazy American. Give us a basic b, over the counter, lightest recoiling quiet rifle shooting a 130 to 160 grain projectile and that's what is gonna be hot.