Shorten carbon fiber barrel

Helix 6 also says their barrel can be cut to any length and from what I've seen they have best carbon wrap barrel out with bartlein and benchmark also making great carbon barrels

Cut four inches off..threaded mzl..threaded cap screws straight in to the face of the carbon...crowned to look like it previous mzl.....just haven't taken it to the rockpit yet.....and I'm pulling boat to the reservoir today.....
I will be shooting it soon....

Finally went to the rockpit.....
3 rifles....
....22Nosler....which I bought a lot of new ammo from Nosler to shoot up..for the brass....unfortunately the new ammo was 2.5moa at 100yds....but I will shoot all 250 up before reloading....
....The newest build..65284Norma...just shooting some thru the barrel for breakin..up to 20 rds thru now..shot last 3 shots into 3/4" or less..while siting in...
.....the shortened sendero barrel...from 26.5" to 22".....huge difference in barrel weight....the rounds it had been shooting at about 1moa....definitely opened up....
But I had to resist it as well...was able to shoot the original load to about 1.5"moa at 100yd......
Last 3 shots gave the 1.5"moa....not surprised on the difference...just need to refine the load again....but now the rifle is down to the same weight as the other 2 65284s....definitely carry it hunting....weight and balance much nice than a front end heavy rifle....

Finally went to the rockpit.....
3 rifles....
....22Nosler....which I bought a lot of new ammo from Nosler to shoot up..for the brass....unfortunately the new ammo was 2.5moa at 100yds....but I will shoot all 250 up before reloading....
....The newest build..65284Norma...just shooting some thru the barrel for breakin..up to 20 rds thru now..shot last 3 shots into 3/4" or less..while siting in...
.....the shortened sendero barrel...from 26.5" to 22".....huge difference in barrel weight....the rounds it had been shooting at about 1moa....definitely opened up....
But I had to resist it as well...was able to shoot the original load to about 1.5"moa at 100yd......
Last 3 shots gave the 1.5"moa....not surprised on the difference...just need to refine the load again....but now the rifle is down to the same weight as the other 2 65284s....definitely carry it hunting....weight and balance much nice than a front end heavy rifle....
What was the velocity loss cutting the 6.5-284 down from 26 to 22".
I have a 26 and 24 barrels on my 6.5-284 hunting rifles. I've never chrono'd the 24 but shoots the same loads similarly out to my desired hunting ranges.
With that said…my 284 win rifles have 22, 24 and 26" barrels and 22" is at least 100 fps below the 26 but handles great and still shoots tiny groups.