Short or long action???

BrokenHorn, $650ish is just for the parts, $300-350 for an action and about the same for a quality barrel. Smithing can vary from one to the next but you should be able to get an action, get it trued, and the barrel fitted and chambered for $1200 or less. Places like Pac-Nor can do everything you want done if you don't mind shipping them the action. Pac-Nor There are also some quality smiths here you could e-mail them for more accurate prices.

Chris

That is still okay. I have 1000 (tagged) for a rifle. and about another 1000 tagged for a scope. I may not be able to purchase both at the same time cuz I desperatly need a safe to put these new toys...er, neccessities in and thats gonna be another 1300.

Hart will rebarrel your action for around $550 ad another $125ish for fluting and your still around $700 that gives you $300 for a stock and their are a several good options out their in that price range. Kevin Rayhill makes some under the name Stockade Gunstocks mostly for Savage but he'll make one for about any action , he is also a full line rifle builder so if you want give him a call and see what he has to say , but be prepaired to talk he doesen't mind holding a conversation with ya.(308)432-5114

Their are also some great Smiths here that you could talk to and see what sort of prices they could quote you for what you want

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.