Short barrel 33?

22 is what I'm thinking. Not crazy crazy short

Keep minimum barrel length requirements in mind too.

I don't know what you have for a can (or if that's still being decided) but my Griffin sportsman 338 ultralite is rated for the following:
Screenshot_20200702-091040_Dropbox.jpg

It also weighs 12.5 ounces so not a big heavy thing on the end.

I was going to do a 22" 300rum but have decided Ill get another can for that eventually or just do a 300prc at 22"

I've been thinking about this for a while and want to build next spring assuming I still have a job.

I'm leaning towards short and light in the range of 18-20 inches in a 338 wsm or Sherman max to run the 250 berger.

I think the RCM would be a great choice but I dont know anything about premium brass or die availability for the rcm. I always plan a build around those two items first then powder compatibility. This is also key as many of our favorite powders can become hard to find.

I have a 30 nosler and love it but IMO, a 300wm or above is at a point of diminishing return with 22 inches or less. I start looking for efficiency when the barrel goes less than 24 inches.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.