Shooting Suppressed - Improved Accuracy

USAFRet

So, I just got my suppressor about a month ago. I have noticed my accuracy improved dramatically. My thought is, is it the suppressor? Or, what I have noticed, I seem to be able to focus on the shot better with the lack of concussion.

Thoughts from those shooting suppressors?

Did you have a brake installed on the rifle before running suppressed? While not as effective as a brake, the recoil impulse and lack of concussion IMO helps greatly with comfort behind the rifle, leading to better shooting.

Could be both or either. A suppressor changes the harmonics of a barrel and can indeed make it shoot better because of that. There's a better chance that you're just shooting better though because of the lack of noise and concussion. I shoot better with a suppressor.

It seems about the same to me. I am sure it is a little less. It is just a different shooting experience.
Then I would agree with you that the lack of concussion has led to your better shooting. It's possible that the harmonics improved too but I'd lean more towards your abilities improving with the suppressor.

Then I would agree with you that the lack of concussion has led to your better shooting. It's possible that the harmonics improved too but I'd lean more towards your abilities improving with the suppressor.
That is what I was thinking. Blows my mind. I usually shoot pretty good, but how many handloads were off due to my shooting. Retesting is in order, especially with the change in harmonics.

That is what I was thinking. Blows my mind. I usually shoot pretty good, but how many handloads were off due to my shooting. Retesting is in order, especially with the change in harmonics.
You should be able to get away with just a slight change in seating depth if it's harmonics. I'd think anyway. I know that after a long dat of shooting rifles with brakes my head hurts when I get home, I can only assume that its from the concussion. I do still prefer shooting with brakes than without though.

We're enjoying shooting, the PVA, Jet Blast, 3 Port Brakes, due to,.. LESS "Concussion" at, the Shooter !
Great "Design angles" on, the Ports !
Family has gotten, 4 of them, so far !

A suppressor changed the shooting experience dramatically for me. Recoil has only affected observing impacts on my rifles. Brakes helped a little in this respect, but the concussion of the blast was obnoxious to me and anyone around while shooting. The suppressor just allows me to enjoy shooting more than I ever have. This has to improve your performance as long as you tune the load to the suppressed rifle.

A suppressor changed the shooting experience dramatically for me. Recoil has only affected observing impacts on my rifles. Brakes helped a little in this respect, but the concussion of the blast was obnoxious to me and anyone around while shooting. The suppressor just allows me to enjoy shooting more than I ever have. This has to improve your performance as long as you tune the load to the suppressed rifle.
Said more eloquently than I, but exactly.

6.5 Grendel BCA SST.jpg

This is my little 16" BCA in 6.5 Grendel. This is factory Hornady SSTs. 5 shot group. Before the suppressor it was shooting 2" groups with this ammo. When I was shooting this time I just noticed my focus on the target seemed much better.