shooting position

gohring3006

Given a choice which position do you prefer to test your groups off a bench,prone,with bags, bipod etc ?

Given a choice which position do you prefer to test your groups off a bench,prone,with bags, bipod etc ?

Load testing and accuracy from a bench with bags and/or bipod. For me other shooter positions such as prone is to practice practical field shooting positions used in real world situations. Prone is the most widely accepted LR shooting position for most consistent and repeatable results.

From a nice solid bench, I use Caldwell's Rock Jr front rest, and a Caldwell cordura bunny ear rear bag. From prone, I am most consistent shooting with the fore-end over my Eberlestock J107, with a little rear bag from Dog-gone-good.

So let's say you had a choice of a really nice concrete bench or a really nice prone spot and you had to shoot the best group ever let's say money was at stake which would you go to...

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts