Shoot through tape on your barrel?

For those of you that protect your muzzle with things like tape or plastic wrap (condom if you will) do you shoot through it if the time arises? I'm not talking about a 1000 yard precision shot but if you were within let's say 100-200 yards of your game would you take a few seconds and remove the obstruction (tape) or just leave it on and pull the trigger?

I have heard people say that the blast would most likely push the tape off but I'm in the school of thought you never shoot with an obstruction in the barrel. Just curious of real world experiences.
been done for many years..no issues

For those of you that protect your muzzle with things like tape or plastic wrap (condom if you will) do you shoot through it if the time arises? I'm not talking about a 1000 yard precision shot but if you were within let's say 100-200 yards of your game would you take a few seconds and remove the obstruction (tape) or just leave it on and pull the trigger?

I have heard people say that the blast would most likely push the tape off but I'm in the school of thought you never shoot with an obstruction in the barrel. Just curious of real world experiences.
the gas blows it off before the bullet ever gets there shot through it. I have a brake on all of my rifles so I just use a small plastic baggie held on with ele tape have taken moose out to 870 yards with no trouble at all

I also noted the POI change at 100 yards in the video! As shown, that would be a clean miss at the longer ranges. IMO, it was negligent not to address this. As to my own viewpoint, I wouldn't have an issue using tape at the shorter ranges(<200 yards), but would not shoot through tape at the longer ranges. If poor weather, I might use tape, but remove it before I shot. Why add an unnecessary variable?

I use saran wrap held in place with a rubber band. No impact on POI. Same with shooting through camo netting on ground blind.

I use those finger cots too, at $10 for 200 I have enough to last the rest of my life lol. Amazon product ASIN B07G9HDPT4
I have to say though, a couple wraps of painters tape (what I typically use) around the barrel is less tedious and mess. I just roll off a few inches to cover the crown and have a few inches of it on the barrel for use.
+ 1 for these exact finger cots. I keep a few extra in my bino harness as I've had them get pulled off or damaged in this brush on BP hunts. I much prefer this to EL tape FWIW

+ 1 for these exact finger cots. I keep a few extra in my bino harness as I've had them get pulled off or damaged in this brush on BP hunts. I much prefer this to EL tape FWIW
Balloons from the dollar store work,just get the size you need for your barrel ,the fingers cut off a latex glove work too.

Works great shoot with it on, done it many times.
We like to use small balloons just stretched over the barrel, #gondom 🤠

Your thought process is correct for an obstruction in the barrel. But a finger cot or electrical tape over the end of the barrel doesn't affect it

I was going to order the finger cots and they are a great idea but I use small balloons. Picked them up when buying a card for someone. Pull over the barrel, rain, sleet, snow, mud, twigs, etc.

Originally bought them to go over the barrel on a rifle I used for a run and gun event. Decided to use as often as I can remember on hunting rifles now. Perfect, no POA/POI change noted so far.