Shoot him, or wait another year

Yes, yes they are.. sad too, but I do what I can to increase the quality and healthinesses of what's around.
If they are harvesting by legal means ain't much you can do. I've seen guys get PO'd about a neighbor shooting a legal buck that they were waiting until next year to shoot. You can only control what you do and except that you may never see him again if he walks.

I wouldn't get real worked up 'bout it 'til I had him in my sights.

I've had lots of mature buck pics on camera that I've never seen during hunting hours. ;)
Same here, funny thing is last year, 14 days after season ended at 14:20, I watched the biggest horned WT that I've ever seen in person chase either this deer or his twin out of the fields behind my house.. I never had him on camera, and the one other person that I know of in the local area that also runs cameras has only one partial picture of said buck..
In all reality, never know what is really out there, and game cameras are an addiction forming tool of "best guess"… lol

My wife's first deer. Huge 6pt. We only had one pic of him during velvet. Didn't see him or get any more pics of him the rest of the year, or the next summer. We got one pic at night the day before Thanks Giving the next season. The day after she got him. Wonder where he hid for almost 2 yrs. 225 on the money.
63F3CC2A-3639-484D-8F76-410AB3A188E0.png
63F3CC2A-3639-484D-8F76-410AB3A188E0.png