Shoot him, or wait another year

My wife's first deer. Huge 6pt. We only had one pic of him during velvet. Didn't see him or get any more pics of him the rest of the year, or the next summer. We got one pic at night the day before Thanks Giving the next season. The day after she got him. Wonder where he hid for almost 2 yrs. 225 on the money. View attachment 388569View attachment 388569
Awesome Buck! I actually have to pass on a buck like that…… why you may ask since it's definitely a mature buck?
Point restriction. Must have 4 on one side.
I've seen some big 6's and it'll continue with them breeding and not getting shot.
Once again congratulations to your wife on a great buck.

One of my possible target bucks for this year. Not the largest body or horns that frequent the property, but for N GA, a respectable harvest.

Don't wait too long…..another hunter won't waste a second with indecision!

If you are certain that it "will not" be taken by another hunter…..you "only" have to worry about, coyotes, diseases, automobile impact, ect., ect.! 😉

Yes…… the liquid in my glass is always near empty! 😁 memtb

What I think you should do is let him go and invite this West TN deer hunter down to GA! 🤣 I only have an 150 acre farm so I would probably encourage you to take him as in Western TN that would definitely be considered a nice buck. My 16 year old passed on one last year he recorded him with his phone and I told him the same thing.

Whitetails mature out at around 5 years of age. When you shoot the deer it won't grow anymore after that. Keep in mind that if it is your property then it is your deer herd to manage and of course the neighbors. If you don't see a lot of bucks then you may do good to shoot some does for a year.

I would say it just depends on what else you have on camera. He does look a little young, but I know from past years giving them a year doesn't always result in growth. Several deer i have seen on camera have actually shrunk substantially from one year to the next.
I know I've heard some guys brag about their trophy…when the rack isn't much but it's obviously an older buck (can tell by the teeth if nothing else). That was a smart buck, much more of a challenge to get one like that haha…as it is with people so it is with deer, I recall hearing an old guy at church tell me as a boy

"now listen to me, cuz I didn't get to be this old by being stupid!"