"Shoot" for Android phone's

I am a bit supprised to hear that some dont like the angle feature. I too have angle indicators on my LR rifles. To get the angle for shooter I just aim the phone looking over it and hit hold. I felt it was just as fast or faster than mounting the rifle, aiming it and reading my angle indicator then having to dismount and enter that number in the program. Also if I am out past 1200 yards and want to see what the coriolis is doing the azmuth finder is very helpful. For me just hitting the "get" and then "hold" for these two features eliminates the chance of me getting it wrong or entering a wrong number by mistake.

Jeff gun)gun)

SHOOTER is a really good program - very accurate. The great thing about it is that it accounts for more variables than Exbal. However, the bad thing about it is,... it accounts for more variables than Exbal,... :)

I love it because it's on my phone, which I always have with me. I'm able to utilize the built in GPS and weather info for my locale easily,... It has an extensive database of bullets with G1 & G7 Ballistic Coefficients as given by the manufacturer AND those measured by Bryan (Litz) - Thanks Bryan! It also can output a quick drop chart that's consistent with your variables, as well as a tailored (specific) distance that allows you to +/- yardage easily and get MOA, MIL-RAD, IPHY,..etc. It's slick!

While I love the fact that I can really get fiddley with all the inputs, I also hate the fact that I have to get fiddley with all the inputs to render a solution. At the start of the day, I'd like to just input a 'default' for my rifle i.e. bullet, velocity, reticule, etc. and be able to just hit the solve button and let it figure out my GPS location / current weather conditions, etc. and spit out a quick drop chart out to 2000-yards,... POW that would be slick! Also, in addition to the above, I think a reticule assignment of some type would be great,... this is what I miss about Exbal; I could input all my variables, get my solution, and it would generate a quick hold-over yardage/cross-hair solution for all my different scope reticules: Mildots, TMR, MOA, etc. This was really handy and really quick,... it should be a quick-menu item that would superimpose on your dropchart i.e. once you have the solution (drop-chart) be able to hit the "Menu" button, then a "Hold Over" button and it would show a quick summary of your holdovers based on the reticule you've assigned for that rifle,...

In any case, it's WELL worth the $10.00 and just plain fun to play with. I've often used it to analyze ballistics while reading through magazine articles and reloading manuals. It's interesting to see what bullet, pushed 'X'-fps will do down-range, and this program does it well.

Ryan

I have sticker shock! This is the first app I have paid for on my EVO. :cool:

It is great, worth every dollar. :)

Thanks for the info!

I too would like to be able to input data for the angle your shooting. Might as well put to use that angle indicator thats already mounted on my gun.

If not possible, could someone give me a link to what accelerometer program your downloading into your Droid, the one that enables you to place the phone on your barrel and determine angle. Just got my Droid X today and Shooter was the first thing I downloaded on it.

Thanks guys! ....and Merry Christmas to all.

If not possible, could someone give me a link to what accelerometer program your downloading into your Droid, the one that enables you to place the phone on your barrel and determine angle.

its part of the program. To the right of distance " Look Angle" press the "get" button. Then aim the phone and press hold or "start timer and just aim it and it will lock on for you and enter it. :cool:

Merry Christmas

Jeff

Broz, darned if I can find it on my shooter program. I'm wondering if its on a newer download thats offered eventhough I just downloaded Shooter today.

Here's my choices of different boxes with the word 'distance' in it -
Distance unit
Save distance
HUD distance step size

I've tried scrolling to the right of all three boxes and there's no scrolling to the right. What am I missing here. I'm in the advanced mode.

Broz, darned if I can find it on my shooter program. I'm wondering if its on a newer download thats offered eventhough I just downloaded Shooter today.

Here's my choices of different boxes with the word 'distance' in it -
Distance unit
Save distance
HUD distance step size

I've tried scrolling to the right of all three boxes and there's no scrolling to the right. What am I missing here. I'm in the advanced mode.

Man I don't know then. My version is only about 3 weeks old. Have you entered a rifle into it yet? Maybe that is it? I open shooter, choose the rifle from my list, choose the load I entered for that rifle, then on the top of the first page I have distance on the left and "Look Angle" on the right. Next to the look angle box is a button "Get" thats it.

Jeff

Broz, I got it figured out. I had entered my gun in the fields but had not yet entered my bullet choice. Once I did I got to other screens where the missing data was found.

Thanks for the help.

Well I have been playing with it for a couple of days and I think that it is great.

Everything seems to work quite well and it has features that make my Pocket P.C. version of Exbal look out dated.

I realy like the fraction function that permits me to enter the fraction of a MOA that my particular scope turret dials then gives me a corrected number to dial up.

All my Bushnell scopes give me about 32 MOA when I dial up 30 MOA so I am getting too much elevation. Exbal can do a correction but gives the answer in total clicks. This "Shooter" program gives the solution in corrected MOA, so I just dial up as normal using the correction factor built in.
ie a correction factor of about .94

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.