Shockey joins Christensen Arms

She's even worse...just a walking billboard to the highest bidder...plus something is up with her and she's not nearly as cute as she used to be...too skinny now maybe?
You noticed too ?
I met him and his wife at the Sportsman's Convention in Salt Lake 2009. He was very down to earth guy. I even got a photo with him and he signed photo of his. He's a Rockstar in the Hunting world . Lol ! I can tell you a few hunting shows and celebrities I think that don't represent us well. He does a dang good job of it I think.

Last edited:
I always enjoy Jim's shows, of course I like Real Tree hunting shows too, so that tends to show you where my taste is. He has a knack for showing you the real country too. I enjoy the FSU hunting in particular, it brings back my own memories of what it was like to live there, experience the people, the food, the accommodations, and their generosity toward westerners. You really can't blame a guy for making a buck off his sponsors, not one bit.

I hope he can improve on CA quality. Been waiting 2 weeks for RMA and even called. LRM in 7 mag purched late Dec and it will not put 3 bullets in the same zipcode:(

I don't care what Shockey gets paid to hunt with, I do like his hunting show when I watch it (not very often). I especially like the black bear hunts. I hunt what I can afford both animals and gear, so what Shockey uses has never been in my decision process. I'm loving my life and not his.

He is just smarter than the rest of us, lol. We pay thousands to chase game and fish... he gets paid to do it. Good for him and his wonderful family.
A bit more refined than a LOT of the "celebrity hunters" too! Seems like an upstanding guy that I would be honored to share camp with.
I visit quite a few hunting forums daily and I have found a common thread in most of them: As a group, hunters are very critical of each other and lack loyalty to their peers. Will probably be our downfall.

She's even worse...just a walking billboard to the highest bidder...plus something is up with her and she's not nearly as cute as she used to be...too skinny now maybe?
I would purchase any thing he endorses after watching him shooting whales in the blow hole with rifles so they would have to surface so they could be harpoon ed he is a low life just my opinion shouldn't lower standards for a TV show. David

Jim's hunting shows are very good all the way around. The filming & photography are amazing. My wife even likes his shows. It really surprises me that he went with Christensen. I hunt very rough country & I was looking at a Christensen the other day. The gun dealer told me the carbon barrels do not hold up to abrasion very well.
My 2 cents worth i have hunted with the same carbon barrel for 15 plus years all over the U.S.A. and Canada In mountains, plains, sand hills, Flint hills.Also in Georgia, Florida, Alabama and Mississippi and it looks as good as when made by Christensen Arms! Held up to abrasion very well!!! Tribb

My 2 cents worth i have hunted with the same carbon barrel for 15 plus years all over the U.S.A. and Canada In mountains, plains, sand hills, Flint hills.Also in Georgia, Florida, Alabama and Mississippi and it looks as good as when made by Christensen Arms! Held up to abrasion very well!!! Tribb
I'm not telling anyone what to buy or not buy. I'm simply relaying what the guys selling them are telling me.

6.5 PRC for sure and whatever else Hornady and CA have in common...probably a Creedmoor too.

It's interesting since Jim has said countless times that the 338 RUM is his favorite big game cartridge...and yet CA and Hornady don't make it.
Incorrect! I have and own a Christensen Arms in 338 RUM! Most accurate large magnum custom I own.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.