Shepherd scopes

two bears

Hello everyone, I recently bought a browning A bolt,stainless stalker with the boss in 300wsm . I installed a Shepherd scope p1. With handloads and factoryloads of 180 grains bullets , the rifle grouped as follows: clover leaf groups at 100 yd, 1 inch groups at 300 yds.I'm really impressed with the A bolt and especially the Shepherd scope.The Shepherd scope is the best scope for the money.

Well, we agree. I own four of them. Two P-2s, one old model Shootist and a P1a. I've shot the 30-06 Ruger with the Shepherd to 800+ yards at steel and hit first round. If you bother to learn how to use the reticle, first round 'boiler room' hits on deer and elk aren't all that hard at any range within one's competency. gun)

I too have a shepherd scope on my Browning Eclipse 300WSM . I am shooting the 180's at 3000fps an its good to go all the way to 1000yds that I've shot with it . I just wish it was a little more magnification for the longer distances , but its a great scope for sure .

Yep 6x18x40 P1 scope , I really like the higher powered scopes for things over 600 yds . I got hooked on the 12x42x56 nightforce scopes lately .

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.