Shameless rifle pic. 6.5 saum

Stiller predator with pic rail
24 1/2 8 twist fluted benchmark. .72 at muzzle with a turned down side port brake
Flush cups on left side
McMillian HTG adjustable
.296 neck with .81 freebore gap 4s reamer from ptg
Jewell trigger at 1.5 lbs
Rifle weighs in at 8lbs 15oz

Did barrel break in and while fire forming brass and cleaning all the time I was getting .8 moa with 140 amax and Berger hunting vld's 10 thou off.
It's wearing a 5-22 nsx but I'll likely put either a nsx or premier heritage 3-15 on it.

e2afbc639e355292d07c6f93c7e170a1.jpg

Sorry for the delay in response I was away for a while. That weight is without optics.

I haven't yet worked up a load with the once fired brass but hoping to go with the 140 Bergers. I'll post up some results when I get back out.

very nice rifle. I have been researching the gap 4s chambering for the past week and think i might sell a rifle or two to get one built. Do you like the .081 freebore for the 140vld or would you change it to their .120 freebore if you could?

With the Wyatt extended box I am able to touch the lands and still fit the rounds in the mag. So for me I'd stay with the .081 free bore since I usually prefer to shoot berger hunting vld's and have had the most success running them near the lands.

That's a brake that the smith makes in house which a lot like a muscle brake. I had them turn it down a bit to be smaller but where they thought it would still be effective.

Is there any chance you could post a pic or a loded round with a bullet beside it for a visual of the seating depth. It would help me a lot as my smith says to do a longer freebore

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts