New 6.5 SAUM

Shooter264

Specs
Pierce titanium Sa
24" #4 Brux 8.5 twist (ordered a #3 but was shipped a #4) I didn't notice when I dropped it off at the smith!
McMillan gamescout with edge package. Hydro dipped Kuiu Vias
Shilen trigger
Talley LW rings
Cerakoted charcoal (50/50 mix of two colors)
Huskemaw 4-16x42 scope
Weight as shown 7lbs 10 ounce, would have been 1/2 lb lighter with a #3 bbl. still a sweet carrying weight.
Smith work done by Cloud Peak Gunworks, bedding by me.
7 rounds fired so far. Will start shooting groups this week.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 161
Good looking rifle, I'm interested to see how she shoots. I have been kicking around the idea of opening up my 260, it also has the Brux #4 barrel on it.

First groups with the new 6.5 SAUM. Not too shabby with virgin brass and +.004 runout

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 141
Didn't chrono these today but in my other saum they run about 3300 with 65 grains of ramshot magnum. I'm guessing these are in the 3250-3275 range.

None other than I have a ton of it and it'll work good for break in. H1000 is what most of the guys are shooting out of their 6.5 saums. I use Ramshot magnum in my other one and it works well. I will try it in this one as well when the bbl is broke in

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.