seriously?

Might want to try Reloader 17, about the same burn rate and could have a little more speed depending on the cartridge. Seems to be a bit more available.

I've picked up some AA4350 since I can't find any H4350 at the moment. It's more temp sensitive than H, but not as much as IMR at least from what I've been able to glean from the interwebs. I've got about a pound of H4350 left that I'll use for already-developed loads and use the AA for some new bullets I'd like to try.

Any of the Reloder series of powders is pretty much nonexistent here, otherwise I'd try RL17 also. I have some H414 and use it in one specific load, but it is extremely temp sensitive.

Matt

Where are you at L F??
Some of us members have stocks of powders we don't use a lot and may part with a # or two at our cost to get you through until it hits market again. I know I've got a #+ of h4350 sitting in my secondary powder magazine and don't need any for reloading for at least 3 to 6 months, possibly more. Hazmat would kill you though, so if you aren't local, it isn't worth either of our time.

I love Hodgdon powders, but don't sell the IMR (Dupont) powders short.
oh believe me I love imr powders the H just shot a little better but the imr4350 is just as good I actually get the best out my rifle with imr 4064 with 165s imr won't fail you

oh believe me I love imr powders the H just shot a little better but the imr4350 is just as good I actually get the best out my rifle with imr 4064 with 165s imr won't fail you

I'd always used Hodgdon & Alliant powders, but once this powder short hit, I turned to doing TONS of research. Ended up discovering 7828 SSC, because it was always readily available during the dry times. And have been experimenting with it so far for a while now. Been thoroughly enjoying it so far.

Working on other alternatives, too. One of which will blow your mind, IF it works out like I hope it does. But I can't talk about it yet until I test it, which will probably be this weekend.

There's a bunch of it on the shelf at my local gun shop. I'm in east central Mississippi.

Where are you at L F??
Some of us members have stocks of powders we don't use a lot and may part with a # or two at our cost to get you through until it hits market again. I know I've got a #+ of h4350 sitting in my secondary powder magazine and don't need any for reloading for at least 3 to 6 months, possibly more. Hazmat would kill you though, so if you aren't local, it isn't worth either of our time.

In SoCal unfortunately....but I have a job so can't complain too much.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.