Sent in rifle for service one year ago - still working on it

I called back again and they tried to transfer me to a technician but I insisted on talking to the boss, Director of something.

He was pretty understanding but said some questionable things. He said they tried 3-4 barrels on the gun but could not get it to shoot. Also he said they have had some issues with guns shooting their guarantee in the 300wby caliber.

I said I either need the rifle back now and it shoot your guarantee of 1/2" @ 100 yards or send me something equal to or better than what I have.

He said he would get to the bottom of it and let me know. We will see how long this takes and what they end up doing. This will definitely determine future purchases for me and probably friends and family.

3-4 barrels?!? This comes after the technician said they could't find it. Even if 3-4 barrels is true it's hard to believe considering how they've handled it this to this point.They need to send you a new rifle (upgraded) and cut their losses. This is really embarrassing.

Be nice, you get more with sugar than salt... Remind them that their rifles are not bought by the general public but a small percentage of meticulous shooters a lot of whom are reading this bad press on long range shooting forums, not good for future business, All you want is your rifle back...keep posting here and on other forums, sooner later they'll get the message !

Be nice, you get more with sugar than salt
While I agree with you as a general rule of life, I would say that after a year of "sugar", and still no rifle or resolution to his problem I would be a bit more salty. I mean seriously, he paid a premium price for a new rifle that was under warranty....they have his money and he has absolutely nothing but an empty rack in a gun cabinet....after a year and "THREE" barrel changes and they say it still won't shoot....duh?

While I agree with you as a general rule of life, I would say that after a year of "sugar", and still no rifle or resolution to his problem I would be a bit more salty. I mean seriously, he paid a premium price for a new rifle that was under warranty....they have his money and he has absolutely nothing but an empty rack in a gun cabinet....after a year and "THREE" barrel changes and they say it still won't shoot....duh?
I try to always assume that when something like this happens it's just an honest error and give people time to make it right.

In this case I agree with you, my patients would be long dead by now.

Quick update. The last time I spoke with Mike at Cooper was Wednesday (8/10/16) and he said he would get the status of my rifle and either send it back to me repaired or see what rifles that had in inventory as another option.

Well I didn't heard from him for the rest of the week so I called this morning (Monday 8/15) and was sent to his voicemail. I left another message and did not hear from them all day.

I plan on calling them every day until something happens.

I called Cooper again today (8/16) and spoke to the director. I asked what the status of the rifle was and he said that he looked at it through the bore scope and saw that the lands were not symmetrical. I am no gunsmith but I would assume this would be one of the first things one would check. Also, I don't know if he was referring to the original barrel or one of the subsequent ones they have apparently tried.

He said he would look at their rifles in inventory and let me know what they had (already said this last week). I said, ok well it doesn't look too good for my rifle so could you email me the list of rifles in inventory. He responded yes, and I confirmed that he had my email address.

This was at 10:00am mountain time, and I have not received an email as of yet. I don't know how many rifles are on this list but I am thinking about just picking one and listing it for sale to get my money back that has been tied up for almost 2 years (almost a year to build and a year to repair).

I will update when the list is received.

I called Cooper again today (8/16) and spoke to the director. I asked what the status of the rifle was and he said that he looked at it through the bore scope and saw that the lands were not symmetrical. I am no gunsmith but I would assume this would be one of the first things one would check. Also, I don't know if he was referring to the original barrel or one of the subsequent ones they have apparently tried.

He said he would look at their rifles in inventory and let me know what they had (already said this last week). I said, ok well it doesn't look too good for my rifle so could you email me the list of rifles in inventory. He responded yes, and I confirmed that he had my email address.

This was at 10:00am mountain time, and I have not received an email as of yet. I don't know how many rifles are on this list but I am thinking about just picking one and listing it for sale to get my money back that has been tied up for almost 2 years (almost a year to build and a year to repair).

I will update when the list is received.

It took them a year to bore scope the barrel? So basically this confirms it's been sitting on the shelf for a year and that the "3 barrels" that they tried was rubbish. He would be much better served to stick to one of his stories. I like your decision. Take the quickest road to not having to deal with them. Get a rifle so it can finally be over.

they have a list on their website which shows "ready to ship", maybe you can pick one of them?

Ready to Ship

i recently purchased my first Cooper and have been quite pleased with it - - but i am not overly excited with the customer service. while my issue is probably not as 'critical' as most <yours> (sometimes a round doesnt feed from the mag ie; 1 in 5 will not load), i was hopeful to at least bounce some ideas off of them to see why this happens. i was going to just buy a new detachable mag at ~$75, but at least wanted one of them to shake their head north and south in agreeance that mine might be a *** mag. for now, i'll just plan on needing one shot and not worrying about subsequent shots.. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

i'll be watching your results as i am about to have my dealer order a XLR long range... but maybe that $3k could/should elsewhere.

good luck. scott

Keep nice, sugar not salt. The last thing they need or want is exactly what's going on, talking about them on any forum...it's their mistake and they can't afford any bad customer PR....nicely nicely..

Keep nice, sugar not salt. The last thing they need or want is exactly what's going on, talking about them on any forum...it's their mistake and they can't afford any bad customer PR....nicely nicely..

I fully understand that patience is a virtue but I respectfully disagree. The OP has been very patient and afforded them plenty of opportunities and ample time to make it right. It's time for some salt treatment to preserve whatever integrity is left from the company and its customer service.

They deserve whatever bad PR they get but no one deserves the level of customer service that the OP received thus far.

I hope the OP will have some closure soon.

Cheers!

All that has been said so far has cost them millions of dollars in sales over a ten year period just from the members of this site, if you took a pole you couldn't find two people who will buy from them this year after just this. Getting upset and loud will gain nothing, be calm you'll get at least what you had and more, making the person in charge mad will gain nothing, they lost it, they know it, it'll be fine !!

It takes 5 minutes to check what they have in stock and another 2 minutes to send an email.
It will take OP I bet only 10 minutes to receive email look over list and respond with rifle or choice .
Then it should take Cooper all of 15 min package and ship said rifle .and send OP tracking number .
Seems to me in about 32 minutes problem solved customer happy and no bad PR on here.
That's only a mere 20 minutes or so on their part to fix a bad situation .seems like a no brainer to me!!!

One more thing to remember in this situation they have had the OP's rifle and HIS MONEY!! For over a year. And he has nothing!!! Cooper has nothing to lose by sending Him another rifle. I say Salt and them losing a few sales from this thread serves them right!

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.