Sendero

I've got a 700 Sendero in a 264 that's been giving me problems, I talked to the gunsmith that's working on it and was thinking about turning it into a 25-06 does anybody know where I could get a barrel similar to the stainless fluted barrel that's on it in a 25-06?

I dont have an answer to your question but I there are several barrel manufacturers that offer a sendero contour. I am curious to know what the problem is that you're having that requires rechambering to fix. That is, if you don't mind sharing that information...

I dont have an answer to your question but I there are several barrel manufacturers that offer a sendero contour. I am curious to know what the problem is that you're having that requires rechambering to fix. That is, if you don't mind sharing that information...
Had a problem with the bolt last year so I had a guy install a new bolt and the headspace and such isn't right so it's still not working right, looking at the amount of money I'm gonna spend to fix it and decided I may turn it into a completely different rifle.

Only problem is you have a magnum bolt face ,so you could go 257 Bee meaning Weatherby ,Or swap your mag bolt for a non mag ,but that could lead to shell feeding problems ,but you could discuss all options with your smith ,cheers and good luck with your project.

Only problem is you have a magnum bolt face ,so you could go 257 Bee meaning Weatherby ,Or swap your mag bolt for a non mag ,but that could lead to shell feeding problems ,but you could discuss all options with your smith ,cheers and good luck with your project.
Ya I'm not really sure which is the best route to go might outta just fix the rifle and sell it.

Ya I'm not really sure which is the best route to go might outta just fix the rifle and sell it.
There are some good options in a re-barrel and fix other issues in the process.

1. Keep the 264 wm and change to faster twist rate 1/8 for heavier bullets
2. Rebarrel to Short Action 7 SAUM, 6.5 PRC, 300 wsm
3. Rebarrel Long action 7 rem mag, 300 wm, 7mm PRC

Highly recommend Hart Rifle Barrels at https://www.hartbarrels.com/Default.asp

Last edited:
I'm looking at buying a new bolt and barrel.
JMO but you could buy a donor gun/action for the cost of the bolt possibly and sell the 264. I have my dads 264 sendero and I will probably just rebarrel to a faster twist 264 later on. Plenty of barrel life to burn out at this point though!

As far as the barrel goes, just about any barrel maker could get you close in looks I would think.

Are you loading for the 25-06 or shooting factory ammo?

JMO but you could buy a donor gun/action for the cost of the bolt possibly and sell the 264. I have my dads 264 sendero and I will probably just rebarrel to a faster twist 264 later on. Plenty of barrel life to burn out at this point though!

As far as the barrel goes, just about any barrel maker could get you close in looks I would think.

Are you loading for the 25-06 or shooting factory ammo?
I'll be shooting factory ammo.