sendero sf 300wm

stripes

new to forum, bear with me. recently purchased new sendero in 300wm. after 20 rounds through it rear mating surface on locking lug galled other looks like its making good contact, as much as one can expect from a factory gun. sending back to remington. loking for a quality gunsmith to go through the rifle, mabey for some accuracy work,

any replys will be helpful

Hey B.

Glad you found the forum. I'm sure the guys on here can list lots of names that can check your Sendero out. I'm not sure about your rifle, but Kirby a.k.a. FiftyDriver, definetly knows his stuff.

Take care,

Chris

any one know much about hart in ny????.by chance the gun does not shoot when i get it back thinking about sending it to them to rebarrell the action, $550 did not seem like a bad price to rebarrel concidering they go through the action to.

Hart in NY is tops, and very fair for their work. They do a super job of truing up the action and the accuracy of their barrels is world renouned. I have both hunting and target barrels done by them, and see no reason to look elsewhere.

thanks for getting back with me. do you know how they throat their chambers. do they have a standard or will they set it up for a certain gr, ogive, bullet, mabey send them a dummy round to chamber by, noticed their price went up to $600 after the first of the year, still think this is a good price, if they produce a good product.

thanks
barry

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.