Sendero 300WM

79m1a-texas

Got a brand new Remington Sendero in 300 WM and added a muzzle break. Shot 1 box each of Hornady 150 Interlock and another half box of their 180 SST. Making sure I didn't get the barrel too hot to touch, the 180 SST gave me under 1/2 moa at 100 yards. When the barrel got real hot, things opened up to over 1.5 moa

Questions: the factory trigger is bad. The lowest I could get the Mark-X Pro trigger was 5 pounds pull weight. Which replacement trigger is worth the dollars for a hunting rifle. Have 2 competition FTR rifles with 8 oz pulls ( a Jewell and Kelbly), so I know a good trigger. Not looking at the jewel's maybe a timney or basix.

Anybody know what powder Hornady uses behind their 150 Interlock or 180 SST?

I always use Jewels on my own 700's, but the Timney Calvin Elite is a good crisp trigger, have fitted a few now for others and they are very happy with them.
The powder Hornady use is most likely NOT a canister powder, so trying to duplicate the velocity is the best bet to try with powders like H1000, RE22, RE25 and Retumbo.

Cheers.
gun)

Got a brand new Remington Sendero in 300 WM and added a muzzle break. Shot 1 box each of Hornady 150 Interlock and another half box of their 180 SST. Making sure I didn't get the barrel too hot to touch, the 180 SST gave me under 1/2 moa at 100 yards. When the barrel got real hot, things opened up to over 1.5 moa

Questions: the factory trigger is bad. The lowest I could get the Mark-X Pro trigger was 5 pounds pull weight. Which replacement trigger is worth the dollars for a hunting rifle. Have 2 competition FTR rifles with 8 oz pulls ( a Jewell and Kelbly), so I know a good trigger. Not looking at the jewel's maybe a timney or basix.

Anybody know what powder Hornady uses behind their 150 Interlock or 180 SST?

What brake did you install? What thread pitch did you go with? Thinking about one for my new rifle.
Sorry for the question instead of an answer. I agree with trying to match velocity as they don't load with canister powder. Even if it is the Superformance load it is not the same as you can buy.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.