Seekins suggested barrel break -in ?

Kooz7

Does anyone know what Seekins suggests as a barrel break-in procedure for their rifles ?
thanks

While I have not owned a Seekins barrel, I have owned several after-market barrels and have used a break-in procedure described on the McGowen page at: https://mcgowenbarrel.com/barrel-break-in-procedure/.

As you likely have, I perused the Seekins site and did not find a link to a suggested break-in procedure. If you're concerned about any nuances in their recommended procedure, it may be worth shooting them an email inquiry. Personally, I would not hesitate using the process suggested in the provided link.

Best of luck with your new barrel.

Thanks for the reply . I did send them an e-mail and still waiting for a reply . I have broken in many rifles and have what I consider a good procedure . It just struck me as odd that they would not have anything on the site or in the manual that addresses break-in . Makes me wonder if they think it is not necessary ? I always shoot and clean for 20 rds with full cool between each shot and that has served me well .

In mine I shot one rd and cleaned twice then three rds twice cleaning in between then clean when your done shooting. Now I clean every 200 rds. Barrel cleans super easy now with good accuracy

Does anyone know what Seekins suggests as a barrel break-in procedure for their rifles ?
thanks
I use the (3) one shot/clean, then (3) three shot clean then (3) five shot clean, then clean after I shot for zero. Now I also clean with "Sweet Shooter". It has Techrolean (sp) in it and seems to penetrate into the cells when warm from shooting. The rifle cleans in two to three patches after that.

Now I use in all of my barrels

Just incase there is any interest , here is the e-mail that I received from Seekins regarding barrel break-in

Hello Steve,

We are excited to hear you were able to pick up a rifle! These rifles are ready to shoot right out of the box with no special procedure required! We recommend cleaning the barrel with carbon cleaner and patches after 20 or so rounds once you have around 75 rounds through the rifle the barrel should be ready for any velocity testing for ballistic data! Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Respectfully,

Justin

Sales Team

Seekins Precision, LLC

159 American Way

Lewiston, Idaho 83501

[email protected]

www.seekinsprecision.com

.... but its not necessary.

I've found this to be the answer to pretty much every barrel I've ever had. Will the shoot/clean method hurt? It can actually if you aren't using a proper bore guide, rod etc....

Just go shoot the thing. I've had barrels from several of the top manufacturers, none of which have shown any harm from (starting clean) running 20-40 rounds on my first range session. Take it home, give it a good cleaning with proper equipment & get to loading.

t

I have to be honest , I am on the fence . I feel like I should atleast fire one and clean for 5 or 10 rounds , or until it stops holding a lot of copper just because I am older and set in my ways . But I may just go shoot it and see what happens .

Ok, so I did clean and shoot for 5 rounds just to get the worst of the crud out, but that was it . Then went out to the range and put about 50-60 rounds thru it . Started shooting right around MOA and kept getting tighter as I shot . At the end of the session I was .5 MOA for 6 shot group using 44.5gr Varget under 165 interlock , same performance using that powder charge with 165 Accubond as well . Very happy with this rifles performance . No drama , .5 MOA right out of the box on the first range session , gotta love that .