Seekins Havak

Thanks. Maybe I'm just not looking under the right location. Wouldn't mind a 28 Nosler. 24" barrel seems short for that round. Already have two 6.5x47's so the creed is out. 6mm creed might be ok. Don't think cabelas will sell to Canadians. So I'd need a dealer that would transfer to my exporters FFL.

7F15C83D-AA2A-4140-8087-123A703FF8D6.png
Cabela's is showing they have "limited stock" of the 6.5 PRC, online.

Got an email from Cabelas that my 6.5 PRC is in, won't have time until after Christmas to pick it up. Range report will follow soon after, have a Vortex Razor LH waiting to put on it, ammo, dies, powder, and bullets ready to go.

Picked up my Havak in 6.5 creedmoor last week. I'm impressed with the workmanship. I picked up 2 boxes of factory Hornady 143 eld-x. I also got some H4350, 143 eld-x, BR4 primers and Hornady brass. I'm awaiting on my dies to arrive. I'm topping it with Seekins rings and a Bushnell LRHS. I'm anticipating a warm and fuzzy feeling when I get to shoot it.

Picked up my Havak in 6.5 creedmoor last week. I'm impressed with the workmanship. I picked up 2 boxes of factory Hornady 143 eld-x. I also got some H4350, 143 eld-x, BR4 primers and Hornady brass. I'm awaiting on my dies to arrive. I'm topping it with Seekins rings and a Bushnell LRHS. I'm anticipating a warm and fuzzy feeling when I get to shoot it.

Nice! Mine absolutely loves the 147s in my handloads with RL26, H4831sc, and H4350.

Are you loading to mag length? Have you measured the throat on your rifle?

I measured the throat. The 147s shoot excellent at .015 to .020 off the lands ~2.840-2.845 OAL. The 143s shoot great at the factory Precision Hunter length, which is .075" off the lands.

Got an email from Cabelas that my 6.5 PRC is in, won't have time until after Christmas to pick it up. Range report will follow soon after, have a Vortex Razor LH waiting to put on it, ammo, dies, powder, and bullets ready to go.

I'm interested in knowing if they went with a medium length action on the 6.5 PRC. If you can, post info about Magaizne COAL and COAL to the lands if you're reloading. Loaded ammo is listed at just under 3" COAL. That would be cramped in a short action.

I'm interested in knowing if they went with a medium length action on the 6.5 PRC. If you can, post info about Magaizne COAL and COAL to the lands if you're reloading. Loaded ammo is listed at just under 3" COAL. That would be cramped in a short action.
I believe I read the the mag will allow around 3.1, but will measure when I pickup the rifle, probably Wednesday.

I have a dumb question, do you get the flush mag and/or the "tactical" version (sorry not sure what to call it)? The description says the hunting model has the flush mag, which would be my preference, but not sure how to specify that. I guess I could live with the 5+1 mag but that would not be my first choice. Going to be placing my order soon for one of these

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.