Seekins Havak

Here are a couple examples of cold bore groups I'm commonly printing with factory ammo in the Havak. The barrel is now broken in fully after 85 rounds and I've picked up 75 fps to 2745 fps with Hornady 143s.
20171205_194349-1.jpg

20171204_202640.jpg

Last edited:
Shooting very well. The Havak seems to be a nice package. I actually emailed Seekins about the 28 Nosler yesterday. Told me that they are not in production yet. Guess I will need to be patient.

Very nice. What is your muzzle velocity with that load? I plan on trying the 147 ELD in my RBROS 6.5X47 this winter with Varget or H4350.

Very nice. What is your muzzle velocity with that load? I plan on trying the 147 ELD in my RBROS 6.5X47 this winter with Varget or H4350.

They are running 2640 fps. I'm confident I could push them harder, but I'm not sure that I need to. It's maintaining 1800 fps beyond 700 yards.

The Sportsmans Warehouse (Meridian, Idaho) had a 6.5 Creedmoor in stock this weekend. Full list price, $2,000.

I was pretty impressed with everything. It was super light. The flutes aren't just for looks, they are very deep and very wide.

Fit & finish looked really good. $2,000.00 seems like a good price.

I too am waiting for the 6.5 PRC. I'd sure like more details on mag length. I keep reading that the COAL is long for a short action, @ 2.960". I hope the mag will handle over 3".

+1 for 155 Berger's in the PRC.

The Sportsmans Warehouse (Meridian, Idaho) had a 6.5 Creedmoor in stock this weekend. Full list price, $2,000.

I was pretty impressed with everything. It was super light. The flutes aren't just for looks, they are very deep and very wide.

Fit & finish looked really good. $2,000.00 seems like a good price.

I too am waiting for the 6.5 PRC. I'd sure like more details on mag length. I keep reading that the COAL is long for a short action, @ 2.960". I hope the mag will handle over 3".

+1 for 155 Berger's in the PRC.

I believe the mag length is supposed to be 3.1 on the prc. I'd have to find it again, but Glenn Seekins has posted something about the mag length on snipers hide.

The Havak is my next rifle, I want it in 6mm creedmoor for my new LR coyote/antelope rifle, saving funds for one now. It looks to have a ton of features for the price.

Last edited:
Got a chance this weekend while I was hunting to run some rounds through my Havak mid-day and all I can say is this thing shoots lights out right out of the box.

I had some boxes of Copper Creek 130 & 140 grain VLD's on hand so shot that. I was kind of in a hurry. I think if I adjusted the trigger down where I like it (mine came in right under 3 1/2 lbs according to my Lyman) I could have maybe tightened these groups up a tad.

These were all taken at 200 yds. Top two diamonds are with the 130 gr. Berger's and the center and bottom right with the 140's. The three spaced out are my sighters.

200 yard five shot group with the 140 gr VLD's.

I'm really liking this rifle. Only gripe with it is I was having a slight issue with really difficult extraction. Thinking maybe the extractor tension needs to adjusted? In any event it's not a biggie to me and think it can be fixed when I have more time with it. I've already sent the stock off to Joe Ducos for one of his amazing adjustable stockpiece jobs with LRI hardware so I'm committed to the rifle.

I tested the RL26 combo a little more today. It stacked 5 shots into one tiny egg shaped hole with 147 ELD-M seated to .015 OTL (2.847 OAL) with 46.5 grains in Hornady brass and a 210M primer at 2770 fps. If I were to overlay this group with the first ten shots tested with this load it would be a .3 MOA 15 shot group.

As of right now the first 125 shots have shown me that the Hornady Precision hunter 143s are half MOA and commonly better, but the factory loaded 147 match are not. For handloads, my rifle prefers handloaded 147s. I have three .2 MOA five shot loads with 147s with three different powders with minimal load development.

45.2 grains H4831SC/Fed 210M velocity unknown
41.1 grains H4350/CCI 400 2640 fps
46.5 grains RL26/Fed 210M 2770 fps

I'm about a .005" seating depth adjustment from achieving .2 MOA with 143s and 41.8 grains of H4350 with a CCI 400. I am very pleased with what I'm seeing with this rifle.

Being that I'm in Canada can you guys tell me of any dealers who sell the Havak? Looked online but haven't found any in stock. Also does anyone know when or how production is going on other calibers?

Being that I'm in Canada can you guys tell me of any dealers who sell the Havak? Looked online but haven't found any in stock. Also does anyone know when or how production is going on other calibers?

I've physically seen the 6.5 CM, 6 CM, and the 308 Win. I've seen them on the shelf at Sportsman's Warehouse and Cabelas.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.