Seeking gore-tex gloves

ergceo

Shot my gobbler this year in the pouring rain. Was wearing milsurp gore-tex camo top and bottoms plus rubber boots so part of me stayed dry. However, my head and hands got wet...and cold. I am looking for a recommendation for light weight gore-tex gloves and/or hat, in camo of course.

For those interested, I shot my Eastern in north central Missouri, 22lbs, 10in beard. Benelli M2 Field, 12ga, shooting 3in Winchester Supreme #5 shot.

Thx.

Last edited:
Shot my gobbler this year in the pouring rain. Was wearing milsurp gore-tex camo top and bottoms plus rubber boots so part of me stayed dry. However, my head and hands got wet...and cold. I am looking for a recommendation for light weight gore-tex gloves and/or hat, in camo of course.

For those interested, I shot my Eastern in north central Missouri, 22lbs, 10in beard. Benelli M2 Field, 12ga, shooting 3in Winchester Supreme #5 shot.

Thx.

There are some that sell gore-tex gloves without the goretex seams being seam taped. These are usually fairly cheap at around $25-35 or so...and they LEAK. I've got a camo pair of these from Cabelas and they are great for cutting the wind and being low bulk with Thinsulate insulation, but they seem to leak horribly--my hands seem to be quite wet in a rainstorm even though their description talks about a 100% waterproof goretex glove liner--except at the seams, where it's not seam taped perhaps?

You're likely to pay twice that for a pair of seam-taped Goretex gloves that should not leak--just my experience with this same situation dealing with mountaineering gloves. Offhand, not sure where to find these. Be interested to see what this thread turns up. If reasonable, look for a brand that has a lifetime warranty and had a history of standing behind what they sell.

I bet when your hands were cold and the turkey was coming, you would've been willing to pay the price. Hope you find something and let us know what you come up with. jon

Last edited:
Thanks. And yes, when my hands were cold and my turkey fever was running high, it was a little dicey taking that 50yd shot. But the Winny turkey loads have yet to let me down. :)

I've got a light weight bonnie hat that's gortex that works pretty good for me. It came from Sportsman Warehouse, but i've seen them at other places. I'll check the brand tomorrow and let you know. I'm on a new pair of gortex gloves this spring, but haven't made a decision yet. I'll put the name of those here too.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.