sectional density & stopping power ?

Thanks Bigngreen. You have such an eloquent way with words...
I'll probably have to pass on the BLR, but I did like the idea of having a ready supply of brass, & powder. I was thinkin along the lines of one for loaded for bigger critters, not too far out there, & one for smaller critters at long range. But ya, those sexy pics in the classifides always strike a nerve. I'm addicted.

I'll go with a bolt 300wsm.... Although.....
I do like the idea of a 325wsm in a BLR!!! Man that'd kick ***, but then there's that whole 8mm lack of bullet selection...
I'd better buy a gun quick before I think myself stupid!:D

Thanks Senderofan.
The BLR looks sweet and lever actions are cool.
We use some Marlin .444 caliber carbines for hunting hogs in corn fields, they're quite fun.

Btw 300winmag you mentioned your .300wby to be too expensive in upkeep.
I don't know the ammo prices in the US, but a 7.5x55 is as affordable as it could get concerning upkeep here in Europe.
1000 rounds of match grade surplus cost about 440 Euros.
Google tells me the prices in the US are about the same.

So what do you think about a fine Swiss K31?
The rifle will be cheap and pretty accurate right out of the box.
With a new Stock and heavier barrel it should be able to whipe most .308 Win Rem 700's bum and that for less effort building it, also the pull action is quite unique.

For boxer primed brass Norma should be the right adress.

And this should be a nice companion to your .30-06 historically, because as far as I know the 174 grs M1 Ball bullet was a copy of the swiss GP11 bullet.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts