Secret must be out !!!!!!

What was closing bid? Guys with that kinda weight in the checkbook equivalates to a couple trips to the jewelry store for the war dept...
The last bid I saw about 3 hours before the end was $326K..wouldn't surprise me if it went higher..I'll post the final when I hear it...a lot of our elk are still wearing last years antlers, almost time to start over...

That $321,000 goes a long way towards keeping the herd healthy and securing land for the public. Letting one millionaire play Daniel Boone for a few weeks probably gives that 80 year old resident a better chance at a successful elk hunt.
We're talking Pa here. One of the most corrupt States in the Union. Commonwealth yeah they're common MF

While bidding for a "Trophy TAG" might seem a great idea to raise money for "fish & Game"! Might be nice to remember that quite a few Elk Hunters (HUNT) for the Food, not a Trophy! As been said, horn's don't make even good Soup! And can't eat them! Many that I have hunted over the years, have went to the Table!100%. No wall hangers, but do have a set of Antlers that a friends Son did for a class he was doing for as a Class projec! Eat what you Shoot, and shoot to EAT!

While bidding for a "Trophy TAG" might seem a great idea to raise money for "fish & Game"! Might be nice to remember that quite a few Elk Hunters (HUNT) for the Food, not a Trophy! As been said, horn's don't make even good Soup! And can't eat them! Many that I have hunted over the years, have went to the Table!100%. No wall hangers, but do have a set of Antlers that a friends Son did for a class he was doing for as a Class projec! Eat what you Shoot, and shoot to EAT!
I'm all for eating what I harvest but try to only shoot wall hangers for buck tags. It's very humbling to eat a tag at the end of the year but also rewarding knowing the bucks that lived will be older next year. I understand the auctioneering of trophy tags for our crooked election campaigns and green lined government handshakes. I will never understand that the most expensive and highest trophy potential areas are owned by the 'state' not the taxpayers and sportsmen/women that pay the salaries and support the communities they hunt in!

You're trying to get the rich guy and/or the trophy hunter to conform to your way of thinking. I don't see them on here complaining about the guys shooting for meat destroying the ability of those animals to grow into trophies and trying to convert you into a trophy hunter. As long as it's in the confines of the law, live and let live.

Thanks Frank. For sharing what is happening with the Elk conservation in Pa. I grew up in Greene co. and my family and I have had the pleasure of hunting and fishing in many areas. Hunting in units 2= A,C,F,H,G and 3= A,B,C. Fished in
2= A ,G and 4,D. Great trout fishing.
And yes we have all questioned some of the changes that have been made over the years. One that I questioned was reintroducing Elk,
I thought you have got to be kidding me.
Look at them now. So raising money to continue making Pa. one of the best hunting and fishing state in the country,
I hope and pray for great results.
Happy Easter. David 🙏

Always cracks me up people saying they dont trophy hunt and only hunt for meat. Trophy hunters got a bad reputation by media from a few extreme examples. Nothing wrong with hunting for a big mature animal and eating a tag if you dont. Whats lost there? Vrs so called meat hunter shooting a rag horn before his prime. Theres meat hunts and trophy hunts. This is trophy hunt don't complain go buy your otc tag and shoot your meat bull.

This is trophy hunt don't complain go buy your otc tag and shoot your meat bull.
Seeing that Pennsylvania only gives out about 150 combined cow and bull tags it's not as easy as just going and buying a OTC tag for a meat bull.
And just for the record I am not complaining even though I have been buying points since day 1 of elk reintroduction.
They bought the tag and I could care less if they shoot a 400" or a 200" bull as long as it's all legal.