Headed out

Well, elk down. Made a 864 yard shot through the shoulders (exactly where you requested Roy) and she had a golf ball sized hole clear through her. I did find a tiny piece of copper in the hair on the exit side other than that it was crushed bones. Not sure What the inside looked like because I did a gutlessness quarter job on her so I could pack her out. But needless to say She was DRT. My hunting season is officially over other than gotta go up and pack out my moms elk. She made a 350 yard shot with her Christenson arms 325wsm it was he first elk.

Right on, you figure something cool to do with ivories. I had a gallon jar of them when I ran a meat cutting shop and ended up just selling them cause I really couldn't think of anything cool to do with them.

"Pecker wood" Roy that hurts man :D I topped out at 520gr cast solids under as much powder as I could pack into a 45-70 case and still have it hold the bullet, loaded into a Mauser bolt gun, ran just shy of 458. It was brutal on me and the elk!!!

Well, elk down. Made a 864 yard shot through the shoulders (exactly where you requested Roy) and she had a golf ball sized hole clear through her. I did find a tiny piece of copper in the hair on the exit side other than that it was crushed bones.

Whooo Hoooo!! Way ta go!!! An 864 yard shot spot on desired impact point ain't all that easy to do!

Bullet performance seems to have been pretty much spot on also.:)

I'm bettin' a big chunk of projectile kept on going. The SMKs show plenty of jagged edges which can separate.....

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.