Secret must be out !!!!!!

Frank in the Laurels

Check out the bid price with one day to go !!!! I think someone heard about PA...I thought it was a secret..lol
Screenshot_20230405_181617_Chrome.jpg

Check out the bid price with one day to go !!!! I think someone heard about PA...I thought it was a secret..lol
View attachment 454061
Not sure how someone that can afford a $321,000 tag should be able to step in front of an 80 year old resident that's been applying for 20 years! Leave it to the Game Commission.

Not sure how someone that can afford a $321,000 tag should be able to step in front of an 80 year old resident that's been applying for 20 years! Leave it to the Game Commission.
That $321,000 goes a long way towards keeping the herd healthy and securing land for the public. Letting one millionaire play Daniel Boone for a few weeks probably gives that 80 year old resident a better chance at a successful elk hunt.

Yeah I would bet the governors tags play a big role no matter what state in helping the cause. No guarantee they're gonna kill the king bull either. Passionate people with serious resources are needed just as much as the average joe buying preference points for a once in a life tag. These numbers are just hard for me to wrap my head around. It said that tag sold for $28000 in 2009 and $275000 last year. I'd say that's an appreciating asset.

That $321,000 goes a long way towards keeping the herd healthy and securing land for the public. Letting one millionaire play Daniel Boone for a few weeks probably gives that 80 year old resident a better chance at a successful elk hunt.
Don't bet on it, it may be used to pay salaries so other money can be redirected.

Prime example of I'm wealthy enough to do what I want and if I pay enough nothing matters to The Commission. Since it's about Ben Franklins maybe a cow tag auction?
Now that is a great idea. Why not auction off exclusive cow tags? Just gotta sell it and let the bidding begin at those banquets. The oldest meanest craftiest lead cow of the herd outta fetch $20K. 😂. Not trying to take away from what they are doing in PA. Good on them for having trophy elk that have gained some notoriety.

Don't bet on it, it may be used to pay salaries so other money can be redirected.

Betcha it's going to retirement pkgs
So what if it's going to salaries and retirement packages. That $321k is going to those regardless. Now there's an extra $321k in the kitty to do other things. It takes salaried employees to run the programs required to keep the elk herd growing and healthy. That money has to come from somewhere. And if it takes a billionaire looking for a tax write off to do that, good for them.