Secret must be out !!!!!!

Every state has a tag quota. Idaho residents say same thing about non residents which is why f&g changed everything 2 years ago. Either way they got a quota and percentage goes to non resident.
Ahhh, but therein lies the rub.

Out of state have same chance in the lottery draw as resident.
So instead of having "X" number for out of state tags, there is a chance (depending upon number of entries) for PA's entire quota to go to non residents.

Yeah, that chance is small.
But with a herd of only about 1,500 vs 300,000+.
You can guess why many east go west to hunt elk.

Idaho made a draw for out of state hunter's. First come gets a tag. It's starts a Midnight. you sit online in hope your place comes up. A friend of mine got online about 4 AM the first year. He was like 65,000 people in line, for 12,000 tags. I stop getting lic, and tags at that time. No more of my funds for Idaho. I am not going to wait online in hopes of getting a tag. I don't mind paying for a point each year in state that allow to build points up. It costs!
Now that several Northern States are in the crapper for several years to come, because of the this hard winter. Good luck! Me being 75 good luck. So I am just about ending putting up money for points. I am beginning to think "Go Fishing" instead of hunting.
They gave allowed the wolfs to take down the animals too.
So I think that before you can get a big game tag, You have to take out a wolf first to get the tag for other big game animals.

Check out this BS…

All of these tags are open 365 days a year. Should be limited to hunting seasons like everyone else. I believe this change was made this year in Alberta. I'm ok with any open hunting zone, any animal. But the rest of the hunting regulations should apply to everybody.

Next they'll let them hunt with helicopters and drones… all in the name of raising funds for conservation. 🤢

Why not let one guy hunt 365 that dropped almost 400k to do so? In oregon now if your indian enough you can hunt any weapon from sept through December deer and elk 3 tags each. And they dont buy there tags it's printed and given too them.

Why not let one guy hunt 365 that dropped almost 400k to do so? In oregon now if your indian enough you can hunt any weapon from sept through December deer and elk 3 tags each. And they dont buy there tags it's printed and given too them.
Because it offends my sense of fair chase and fair play. They are buying a tag that is difficult to near impossible to draw. That shouldn't buy them exemption from the rest of the hunting regulations. Limited hunting seasons and the rest of the North American Game management model are why game populations are as healthy as they are.

Equal in front of the law is something I take very seriously. You can buy the tag at a premium, but you should play by the same rules as everybody else.

Fish and game make the law its no different then a governor tag. Or idaho any weapon during September elk hunts. Fair chase is out the window with rifles capable of 1000+ shots and archery out to 100. Its not like there selling 1500 tags too the elite rich.. its 1. Hell in oregon they have premium tags now for draw its a raffle resident non resident has same odds i can't remember details but its sept through dec I believe.

Here's some more context on why the change is not in the best interest of conservation or hunters. You're right, they make the law and regulations so it's definitely legal. It's unethical and wrong IMO, but legal.

Fair chase is still a thing, just because your rifle can shoot a thousand yards doesn't mean you can. Plus, you actually have to find the game. I've been hunting elk near home every year with a OTC general elk tag for years. Most years, I don't even see one, let alone a legal one. Hunter success rate is < 2% around here for elk. Having closed seasons for most of the year is essential to limit hunting pressure and allow game to recuperate from winter, reproduce etc.

Practically, even with the additional species added this year and giving it to the outfitters to manage, it's not a huge deal practically other than being unfair to other hunters going after the same game. Just really rubs me the wrong way.

Well me personally i can but i get what you mean. Which isnt my concern my concern is fools think they can and more elk get wounded. And id disagree that one dude in a huge unit is putting the hurt on the heard. Now with everyone doing it there would be a problem but with most these high end tags theres a targeted animal, now idaho I hunt it in October but the season is open September through November any weapon i cant wrap my head around them letting rifle hunters at the elk in peak rut. Not all units fyi but enough

Without selling tags or grants f&g would never be able to afford to do anything on their standard tag and hunting liscences.
We raised $20 million from tags last year, and $1 million from the ministers special licenses. It's benefitting the outfitters and the very wealthy, arguably not the game animals. This is especially true now that they've eliminated the grant application process to decide which habitat and wildlife programs will be funded.

Long term, I'm worried about the commercialization of wildlife and the loss of public hunting and wilderness opportunities.

Check out this BS…

All of these tags are open 365 days a year. Should be limited to hunting seasons like everyone else. I believe this change was made this year in Alberta. I'm ok with any open hunting zone, any animal. But the rest of the hunting regulations should apply to everybody.

Next they'll let them hunt with helicopters and drones… all in the name of raising funds for conservation. 🤢
Shoot them all, that way we don't have to worry about it anymore. There is sure a lot of management problems that don't work. We the hunter get stuck with it all.
Like Montana, they hadn't publsh what the game check station animal count in years. They don't want to show how poor harvest count has been. A lot of game biologests left because the wolf animal kills count was so high, and they couldn't get the state open up the wolf hunting here. It's better now, I watch over 20 years ago what the wolfs effected the game animals.
Wyoming has set it up straight. It's opne season on wolfs every place except around the national parks. No licenses required in the state, and anybody can shoot them. In or outer staters!
Minnesota has just about wipeout there game. No hunting of wolfs. Oregon people have been working on trying keep the wolfs out.
It's my understanding that they have doing a petty good job of it too.
The problem is the finger points all the way around too. Crappy hunters, Campers, Disrespect for other's properties, (can't close gates behind them) amongst other troubles. Some of us try to be dam sure we are holding up our end of things.I know that if I see a problem, I try find the owner and advise them of it, or let somebody know them, and that can all the other farmers or ranchers to let them know.

Recent Posts