Second great western sd day *pics*

Great job you two. Gotta love those game carts on public land. I did that 3 years ago on public land down in Nebraska and had to drag three deer out almost 2 miles and had to cross a creek with it. Liked to of killed me. Still better than dragging though. Did that one ONCE for over a mile and it was even worse.
You and Jen look to be doing well up here even being new but your putting in the work to find those places. Most of the local's just drive around looking for one close to the road. Your way sure is more productive but also more work. Lots more self satisfying though.

Nice job! I need to grab one of those carts this weekend. That looks like Meade county, or is it Butte? I've got a bunch of Butte county tags I need to fill. They may offer some more left over antelope tags for the late season. Keep watching sdgfp's site.

Bob

Nice job! I need to grab one of those carts this weekend. That looks like Meade county, or is it Butte? I've got a bunch of Butte county tags I need to fill. They may offer some more left over antelope tags for the late season. Keep watching sdgfp's site.

Bob

Good guess, it's Butte county. The cart is well worth it's cost. Good luck filling any deer tags you have. We're having problems with them this year.

Not what I wanted to hear. We have 6 tags left to fill. I'm going out Thanksgiving day. I'm hunting walk-in land on the northern boundary. Hope to find some.

Bob

Some fine shooting and looks like y'all had a good time.
Those carts are awesome aren't they....perfect thing for walk in areas!
We were hunting the walk in area in 49A.
Deer are getting harder to find in walk in areas!
I gotta start looking for a better place to hunt that's a little harder to get to...to keep the road hunters away.
I've been stationed here for 7yrs, it was alot easier when I first got here.
Here's a picture of my sons first buck, taken at 212yds with his 243 Encore.

Mulie2.jpg

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.