scopes

ann brezinski

do not have the 1500 or so money for a night force scope.for my 300 Remington Winchester magnum .what are there that are great scopes at under 500$
a 6 to 20 is what I would like with the long range terets .shooting to 500 yards or so is my new max.
gary

Believe there is a 3-15 swfa scope in the optics for sale. If my memory serves me right it's under $500. I've had pretty good luck buying from members on this site. But always use caution. Good luck and enjoy the new rifle.

Already mentioned, but I gotta say the Bushnell Forge and Nitro scopes on sale at Midway. Several power ranges and reticles available for both models and the prices are crazy cheap for the quality. I recently got the Forge 2.5x-15x. Sighted-in my .308 AR10 with this scope last weekend and couldn't stop saying "wow!"

Viper Vortex 4-16 X 44 HS-T gets no love on this site but is a solid piece of equipment, great warranty, works great, bright clear glass and you can get custom turrets for it from Kenton Industries. 3 of my rifles wear it and two of my sons. I think you can catch them on sale through planet optics or amazon for ~$500.00. FYI, you don't usually use the words great scope and <$500.00 in the same sentence unless used and somebody really needs the $$$ or getting out of the hunting business or trading up big.

Midway has the Bushnell Forge 3-18 on sale for $399. I bought one of these for a friend's rifle and was very impressed. It's a lot of scope for the money.
I second the Bushnell Forge. I just bought 2 of these for my 10/22 rifles that I set up for 200 yards and beyond. Great scope. If it's long distance you want this has 84 moa of elevation and has a zero stop, great glass and remains bright and clear through all levels of magnification. The glass on this are equal or better to my Nikon Monarch's or Sightrons. The one con is that they are wire reticle but I have a Bushnell banner mounted on one of my 30-06 and has worked flawlessly for more than 35 years. If you like FFP they are $100 more and I believe this has the etched reticle.

Another one that I would recommend is the Vortex Tactical that has 85 moa of elevation but lower mag at 4-16X44.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts