Scopes @ 1000 yards

Eveilveil1

I have been following the Long Range forum for awhile and have a question about scope views. At a 1000 yards, can you see a good view of the target from that distance? I have never tried to sight that far, so have no idea what kind of a sight view you have at that distance? I don't have 1000's of dollars to tie up in a optic, but would sure like to be able to shoot at that distance.

A lot of it depends on the glass quality and the maximum magnification. I can't tell you what is the minimum scope model to get in order to accomplish this. Maybe someone will come along who has a vast experience looking through different scopes and has formed an opinion on the matter.

So many variables to this Glass quality, variable power or fixed , mirage at that distance FOV, also eyes behind the glass While I think above 10x is enough power to get out to 1K i find it difficult to spot misses with anything less than 20. Yes field of view helps on lower power scope but a few more X's would be better.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.