scope

screech

I know this has been beat to living death and normally I always suggest a Night force. But being I am not going to pack this gun around or use it in low light situations nor shoot big game animals with it much I dont know if I need a Night force. It is going to go on a 6.5x284 and I will use it for long range chucking and practicing off a bench most likely or a bipod.I have heard good things about the super snipers and wonder if there is any other cheap scopes that are as good. I would want quite a bit of elevation adjustment and power. thanks

Take a look at Sightrons offerings.
They have a number of long range scopes in different configurations. Good glass and reasonably priced.
I have 2 SIIs in the $300-450 range that I like.

screech- I dont know if you like Leupold or not, but I like the vx2, 6-18x40 w/fine duplex and target turrets. These scopes have worked good for what I want them for. There about $450 and I think there one of the best LR scopes under $500. For magnification, optics, etc.. I think its a great deal.

remington 25-06,

DO you're knobs click on your leupolds. I dont know if I have just dealt with the crappy ones or if they were all crap. I havent used there target turret models but I have used the vx1,2,and 3 and they were all total crap. Are the ones with target turrets better. I know lots of people love them but all I have ever seen was crap from leupold.

Zeiss Conquest makes one bigger, but u lose lots of moa adjustment....

Buy another NF.... you can't take $$ with ya when you die... besides being wealthy is highly over-rated !! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ya, I know i cant take it with me but I also simply dont have the cash to get another night force right now. weather is warming up and i want to get it set up before the chucks start poping up. I was looking at up to 500. I know this wont get me much. Every one like there super snipers. I was pondering on getting one of them in either a 20x or 16x?

screech, yes the 6-18's do "click". TO be honest, I've had 1 problem with mine over about 5 years. I clicked up to a 600yard shot then back down to 100 yards. Well my scope was still set around 600 cuz I shot wayyyyy high on the coyote. However, thats 1 time out of hundreds, maybe a thousand times of clicking up and down. You sound like you've had 1 two many problems with leupolds before, haha. ANyways, I think there decent scopes for magnification and there intended purpose for under $500. I've used mine out to 1K with no special bases or anything, so theres enough MOA to 1K with relatively flat shooting calibers. I thought the only scopes that didn't click were the new vx1, and the old vx2 didn't click. However, anything with turrents on leupold, they do "click".

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.