Scope zero

RC1

Ok I mounted a 20 moa base on my 6br. Hoping to get to shoot to at least 500-600 yards. My scope is 8.5-25x50 leupold with TMR reticle. At 100 yards do I want the bullseye to intersect one of the horizontal lines above the scope reticle center point ?

Ok I mounted a 20 moa base on my 6br. Hoping to get to shoot to at least 500-600 yards. My scope is 8.5-25x50 leupold with TMR reticle. At 100 yards do I want the bullseye to intersect one of the horizontal lines above the scope reticle center point ?

which model?

What is the total elevation adjustment?

with a 20 MOA base you have to lower your elevation theoretically 20 inches at a 100 yards. Reality is that usually isn't correct.

anyway you zero at 100 yrds like you normally do but internally you have taken away 20 moa of down adjustment and increased you come up 20 moa of adjustment.

Does that make sense to you.

Lost you on which model ?

I understand your explanation but would you not regain some of your down adjustment by sighting in at 100 on one of the horizontal lines above center?

Per factory service who just installed the new TMR reticle the scope has 51 moa up and 43 down.

Lost you on which model ?

I understand your explanation but would you not regain some of your down adjustment by sighting in at 100 on one of the horizontal lines above center?

What do you need down adjustment for?

Theoretically the scope should work better toward the middle of both elevation and windage adjustments shouldn't it. Isn't that where you would have the optimum positioning of all the lenses?

You would benefit from centered optics when you're viewing longer distances. So given you have a 20 moa rail, If you were shooting something at a distance that called for a 20 moa come up your optics would be centered.

At closer distance it's not as big a deal if the optics aren't centered, so being off by 20 moa shouldn't be a problem.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.