scope unlevel (cant)

I would use all of the above recommended Plum line tasks to check. Then to test it ..... plum a line on a Target which will probably need to be big like butcher paper. 100 yards away so wind isnt a factor but it's far enough for the can't to show up on paper if it's still an issue. Put a dot in the middle to hold retical on. Run your elevation up 20 minutes and Fire and then run it down 20 minutes lower than the bullseye and Fire. If your bullet holes arent touching the plum line you have a (cant) problem still.
You could run two or three vertical Plum lines on the paper so you can double-check. You can thank Daryl Holland if that works for you.

I only run it up 10 and 20 moa, two shots each. You don't have to mess with your zero stop if you just dial up. Also measure with a tape after to verify your scopes clicks are accurate. At 10moa it should be 10.5" and at 20moa 21.0". Keep us posted!

I only run it up 10 and 20 moa, two shots each. You don't have to mess with your zero stop if you just dial up. Also measure with a tape after to verify your scopes clicks are accurate. At 10moa it should be 10.5" and at 20moa 21.0". Keep us posted!
ladder test was good,,up 10 moa shots touching line,,,up 20 moa,,,1/4 off line center to center....so I don't know what made it do what it did that day,,,but I feel better knowing its not the scope cant....thanks all for helping....

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.