cant decided on twist rate

If your max is 168 grain. I'd go 1/9.5, but if you think you may ever go to the 180 class bullet. 1/9.

I ordered my 7mm barrel 3 months ago, I am similar to you, think I will shoot max 160, 162 or 168gr bullets. BUT, I ordered a 1/9 just for the option of heavier bullets.
BTW, will be a 7 SAUM, 26"

Sounds good, I will keep it at 9. I have all my barrels @30 ' 1.180 for 9 inche than taper smoothly to .890 with vais muzzle brake. I have a .243 like this, its feels like a 22lr

Another thing when is Amax available ???

Hornady makes good stuff, but I know lots of folks who won't shoot the AMax's at game since they are considered a target bullet. They are pretty fragile like the SST's, which I had a bad experience with in the 7mm RemMag. They did good in my 7mm-08 (slower velocity).

I would look towards the Berger 168 VLD Hunting or Nosler 160 Accubond. I just took a buck with the Berger 168 VLD's today and it performed better than expected, and exactly as advertised. I have had lots of good luck with Nosler Accubonds in the past in several different calibers. Never had a bad experience with them.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.