scope suggestion for cz 527 carbine in 7.2x39

vendetta333

im looking at purchasing one of these little beauties next summer. it is to be my close up brush gun, and general "ranch rifle" on my property. been having a cyote over population problem past few years. anyway, i am torn between getting a nice light 1-4x variable, or a really light little fixed 4x. anyone like to argue either way? i'd like to keep the price under $400ish. been looking hard at the weaver grand slam 1.5-5x or the one of the leupold or valada ior fixd 4's. the valadas have steel tubes, kinda goes away from the light, but surely very durable. anyway, sorry for the long post, but would love all opinions! and good arguments. im open. thanx

Of the choices listed I like the Weaver. It's a good power for the effective ranges for that cartridge. I had a fixed 4x on my 7.62x39 brush gun, but took it off. I'm thinking of putting a red dot sight on it.
On a side note, IOR and Leupold both have good customer service. Trust me on this, I've had to use both several times apiece!

It's more than $400, but I've got a Trijicon TR24G 1-4 on the way that'll fill that "ranch rifle" niche for me. You can save a little bit with the TR21. I went with the TR24 because I've not read a bad review about it yet, and, to me, that confidence is worth the $300 extra over the VR-X/Nikon scopes. $300 is really beans in the grand scheme of firearms expenses.

A 2moa red dot would be my choice on that cartridge. It's going to be 300 yards and
less so the dot will be fast and more than small enough for a yote. The vortex is 200.00
with a lifetime warranty, what's not to like?

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts