CZ 527 Scope Mounting

oneeyejohn

I noted in a previous post that I could not mount a New Meopta Optika5 3-15X44MM Rifle scope on my CZ527 because the bolt would not cycle using CZ scope rings.
The OPTIKA Doppler adjusting ring was so large the bolt could be cycled past this ring. I now have the scope mounted and this is how I mounted it.

The CZ527 has a 16mm integral cut mount in the top of the action. Their are no screw holes to mount a base on the action. CZ made rings are required to fit this mount that has a recoil cut out, for the rings. Evolution Gun Works has a special Clamp Picatinny Scope Mount just made to fit the CZ 527. They have two modals. One regular mount and a 20MOA mount. I chose the 20MOA mount. It fit perfectly.
I then used Burris 1" Medium Steel Rings Item 420084, that are only 14mm wide so I could push the scope forward enough to fit Me and keep clearance to the Left Hand case extraction.

This combination gave 6mm clearance for the bolt handle to pass the Doppler adjustment ring. This combination will also clear the large Molded Knob on this adjustment ring. High rings will give additional clearance if needed.

do you have a picture of this?

thank you
1636504918616.jpeg