Scope rings with plastic inserts for 20 MOA base

Burris Signature Rings are the only way to go!

I've been using them exclusively for quite some time and they are great. It amazes me the folks who think they're getting a better ring and pay twice what the signatures cost! Then they screw up a $1500 scope with those special "talley" or whatever rings! Makes me sick. My money doesn't grow on trees and I have to protect my investments. Never had a signature damage a scope yet. Closest thing would be a slight discoleration from one that's been on for years and the rest of the scope may have faded a bit. Glad to see these rings talked about. Not enough folks know about them. Just wish Burris would make the 30 MM ones in stainless/nickel!

Why would you spend the money for a 1913 rail and then not spend the money on a quality set of rings? Quality rings don't need to be lapped, they are very high on quality control, not mass produced.

I found a used TPS 1913 pic rail for a Rem 700 S/A for $45 and a set of decent Warne QR pic style rings for $35. So for $80 I have a 20 MOA base with 4 mounting screws and a set of semi-quality QR rings.......I have seen TPS rings and also Seekins rings go for about $60-$80 and bases are normally $45. These prices are of course used but new aren't very much more. If you spend $800 on a scope why not finish the job securing it?

Tally are junk agreed but there are alot better than Burris and that lots better doesn't cost that much more.

Hell if you want a set send me some money for shipping, I will send you a set of windage rear and turn in front, the front fit loose in my front and I don't like the looks of them so after people talked them up and I bought a set I went with the Pic rail and am ordering a set of TPS.

Just my 2 cents.

Joe Oakes

Last edited:
" Quality rings don't need to be lapped, they are very high on quality control, not mass produced. "

Actually, the best machined rings in the world may have to be lapped if the receiver isn't straight, square, concentric, level from front to rear, etc. Show me a perfect receiver, especially on a factory rifle. I've seen more than 1 Remington receiver that could not be fitted with double dove-tail rings because the mounting holes were so far out of concentricity with the bore.

Has the concicitry been bad when you mount a pic 1913 rail? As far as I can tell it would be true when you mount the rings to it...but I agree if you have a bad reciever then it would not mount up true.

If your action is very wacky then maybe it would tweak the rail but it would have to be really wacky.

Joe Oakes

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.