Anyone use Burris Signature rings w/ the plastic inserts?

I have used these rings on several rifles and they are great,No scope ring marks. With the optional offset inserts you can get additional 20moa of come ups.

The make for a great "poor mans tapered base", keeps your scope surfaces mark free, and they hold exceptionally well. Just remember to clean the inserts well if you use them on a big boomer.

Chris

I have read that the plastic inserts set after the first few days and need to be retorqued. I had them on my 7mm, and noticed that after the first year of shooting, my scope had slipped forward around 1/2". After snugging them down, I haven't seen any shift.

I like them and use them. One problem is that they come coated with enough oil to explain the gas shortage. The stuff is just everywhere. I take alcohol and a Q-tip and try to get it all off but I was removing a scope and mounting a new one this morning and both sets of rings had been "cleaned" by me but there was still oil in the threads of a few places. Maybe I will use degreaser (not alcohol) on the metal parts next time.

Second problem is that they think that only women buy their rings, because only women read the instructions first. Deep in the small print is a note that the rings are machined as pairs and to not get the parts scattered all over the floor because you will not be able to figure out which pair go together and the front from the back. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I wish Burris would come out with an expanded 30mm line and a 34, 35 & 40mm line. Those inserts are the best thing since the folding napkin. I use them whenever I can.

I have a set on my .300 WSM LH Winchester Featherweight with the Burris 4.5-14 X 32mm Short Mag scope. The whole package fits together seamlessly. For hunting rings, I like them.

I'm putting the same setup on my sons .243 Winchester Featherweight we just picked up.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.