Scope Rings For Sako 85

Accushot

So I was at Cabela's the other day and saw that they had brought out a new Sako 85 Gray Wolf 30.06 from the back room and priced under $1000. I asked about it, seems like somebody ordered it in a couple years ago and they had just hung on to it till now and the manager wanted it cleared out. I bought it with a grin. I found this same gun on gunbroker.com for $1599. This is my first Sako, I knew they took a special ring to mount a scope, but I had no idea it would be this hard. Optilock's are quite expensive, I found a set on clearance at my local gun shop, so I picked them up ($20 for bases And rings). However, they are 1" and the scope I have decided to mount on that gun is a 30mm. I will keep that Optilock set in case I come across another great deal on a Sako, but as for the the set up I am now working with it seems near impossible to find 30mm rings that work with a Sako. I found some Leupold 30mm that are made for Sako's (now discontinued the store just happened to have a pair still around), but they were medium height and I soon found they were too short. Now I have some Leupold's on order that are high rings. I am hoping they work.
My question is for anybody out there that has a Sako: Are there other rings that are readily available that work well with the Sako 85?

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.